Axle back or Cat Back on Ecoboost

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Only had the car for a day or so but already thinking of replacing the exhaust. I think the look of the standard exhaust lets the car down ( and a little bit deeper tone would be nice). I do not want anything too loud so have been looking at axle backs as they are cheaper but reluctant to start cutting my exhaust. I realise that to get a performance gain, a cat back will be better. I have watched loads of you tube clips but would be good to hear some modded Ecoboost mustangs in person. I'm in Devon - anyone in the South West changed their exhaust yet? I do quite like the sound of the Magna Flow & Roush - cost wise are not too bad either.
Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Only had the car for a day or so but already thinking of replacing the exhaust. I think the look of the standard exhaust lets the car down ( and a little bit deeper tone would be nice). I do not want anything too loud so have been looking at axle backs as they are cheaper but reluctant to start cutting my exhaust. I realise that to get a performance gain, a cat back will be better. I have watched loads of you tube clips but would be good to hear some modded Ecoboost mustangs in person. I'm in Devon - anyone in the South West changed their exhaust yet? I do quite like the sound of the Magna Flow & Roush - cost wise are not too bad either.
Have the Magnaflow Competition on mine, did an absurd amount of investigation on different systems. Catback is better than axle on the ecoboost, mainly because you're removing the restrictions of the stock system and in the process lowering the back pressure. No back pressure = happy turbo.
Anyway it got to the point where the missus just said "buy the damn exhaust will you"
I'm at the opposite end of the country to you unfortunately but I do have a couple of YouTube videos that I took. And if you trust [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] opinion I'm dropping in on him next week so he can hear it.

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
Hi
I have the MBRP cat back Race performance from American muscle on my ecoboost it's loud but not bad in the cabin when cruising steadily at 80mph
No regrets luv it

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
*hearing [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] 's exhaust tomorrow. Will report back, will get some videos of mine (stock) next to his, so you can get live comparisons.

If his is good, i'll be purchasing so stay lively [MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION]

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
*hearing [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] 's exhaust tomorrow. Will report back, will get some videos of mine (stock) next to his, so you can get live comparisons.

If his is good, i'll be purchasing so stay lively [MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION]

Plenty of videos please MM

If good, a double deal from Guy :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of videos please MM

If good, a double deal from Guy :thumbsup:
Will do :).

[MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION] buy one get one half price yeah? [MENTION=17691]welsh treg[/MENTION] split the bill 50/50 ;)?

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible

Looking forward to seeing the videos.:)

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT
What are you guys like! :lol: You know I will sort you with the best deals!

What's the verdict then Manders? I hope your professional video do the Magnaflow system justice! :headbang:;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Video is coming, it's uploading as we speak :)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I remember the Betamax, my dad had to travel about 15 miles to get a tape for it, back in the day.
Sponsored