AWE Touring vs Krona catback

505bbjason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT, PP1, A10, 301A 1968 El Camino
I’ve had a car with the AWE Touring catback, which was unfortunate lost in an accident. I’ve got my new ride, and I’d like to see if there is I put from folks who have heard both. The AWE sounded great at full song, but definitely got a bit boomy in cabin. I’d like to keep the deep tone, but maybe make it a bit more dd friendly. How does the Krona compare? Is it louder or quieter than the AWE? I’m open to other suggestions, but I’d like to keep using an H pipe. I’m on the fence of adding headers, so perhaps there is another choice that might be a bit better suited to that in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP

505bbjason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Anybody?

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
I was on the fence about both setups as they both sound awesome w the deeper tone. I never heard an AWE in person but I prob watched every video on YouTube I could find half a dozen times or more. The thing that sold me on going w the Krona was the fact that it wasn’t a common kit and Matt the owner of Krona. That is one awesome dude to work with. Loves his job and responds quick to questions and genuinely wants to help you as a customer. I dunno the details of his company but I do know he’s the owner and he’s the only guy I’ve ever had communication with. Never got a voicemail or left a message. He even texts. I wanted a true 3” setup with the TSP long tubes I already had on the car and he helped me get a section of the same pipe they use for their system so I could get rid of the bottle neck and make it all match. Hell of a guy and I’m pretty sure everyone who’s worked with him shares the same sentiment.

I will say that with my catless long tubes and Krona setup the volume at idle and cruise or low speed is very tame and mild. When you go WOT it’s outrageously loud. It’s only loud if you get into the throttle so it’s very controllable.

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
The kit looks great
23684798-52BC-4904-9C17-C44C21C52DAB.jpeg
407065B8-8DEB-4549-B497-C9BB8DE51D69.jpeg

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't heard AWE in person but I will second the Krona. I run it as well so consider me biased.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I also opted for the Krona.

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Krona will be my next exhaust. I've gone back and forth. Yes it seems expensive, but the quality and sound seems amazing.

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I’ve had a car with the AWE Touring catback, which was unfortunate lost in an accident. I’ve got my new ride, and I’d like to see if there is I put from folks who have heard both. The AWE sounded great at full song, but definitely got a bit boomy in cabin. I’d like to keep the deep tone, but maybe make it a bit more dd friendly. How does the Krona compare? Is it louder or quieter than the AWE? I’m open to other suggestions, but I’d like to keep using an H pipe. I’m on the fence of adding headers, so perhaps there is another choice that might be a bit better suited to that in the future.
I have Corsa Sport Mufflers paired to an h pipe, and it has a deep tone at low rpms, and gets a little higher pitched at high rpms. Decent volume. Sounds stock cruising in city and highway. Absolutely no drone, you forget you even have an exhaust.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Having no issues with the Solo exhaust (their quietest). Deep tone. Some interior tone but definitely no drone. Picked up used for less than half the cost of new. Just another option for you to consider if you're interested. Sure the Krona will be fine as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mag_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 magnetic GT
I have the AWE touring setup along with cat deletes and it sounds great! I get compliments pretty much daily lol

OP
OP

505bbjason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input everyone! I also discovered that my new car has the active exhaust plug, so that opens another set of options.

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was on the fence about both setups as they both sound awesome w the deeper tone. I never heard an AWE in person but I prob watched every video on YouTube I could find half a dozen times or more. The thing that sold me on going w the Krona was the fact that it wasn’t a common kit and Matt the owner of Krona. That is one awesome dude to work with. Loves his job and responds quick to questions and genuinely wants to help you as a customer. I dunno the details of his company but I do know he’s the owner and he’s the only guy I’ve ever had communication with. Never got a voicemail or left a message. He even texts. I wanted a true 3” setup with the TSP long tubes I already had on the car and he helped me get a section of the same pipe they use for their system so I could get rid of the bottle neck and make it all match. Hell of a guy and I’m pretty sure everyone who’s worked with him shares the same sentiment.

I will say that with my catless long tubes and Krona setup the volume at idle and cruise or low speed is very tame and mild. When you go WOT it’s outrageously loud. It’s only loud if you get into the throttle so it’s very controllable.
Do you have any sound clips? I'm curious how it Krona and longtubes sound.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Do you have any sound clips? I'm curious how it Krona and longtubes sound.
There's a few on Youtube out there with catless headers and the Krona catback. It sounds really good. I would consider it.

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There's a few on Youtube out there with catless headers and the Krona catback. It sounds really good. I would consider it.
Just don't want over the top loud. I'll see what I can find
Sponsored