Sponsored

"Availability Premium" - AYFKM ?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Walking through the showroom today while picking up my 2019 after some warranty work (the battery coughed up its skull with just 2 weeks left to go on the warranty - beats 2 weeks after!), and saw a 2022 Mustang on the floor, so I stopped to look. Base EcoBoost with a few options (AT/S&S/101A/Active Exhaust/spare) and I noticed a second sticker beside the Moroney sticker. I was surprised to see it had just 2 lines: MSRP on the top and a $2500 "Availability Premium" just below that.

Sure, you hear about ADM, but I haven't personally seen it since 1981 (at a Subaru dealer).

Damn. 7% just far having it lying around. I will be dipped in s**t.

EDIT: And that got me looking at other local dealers' websites. The big local Ford dealer has a few Mach 1s at $10k over sticker. Damn.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You can still find new cars without any ADM.. Just gotta be smart, shop and shop outside your immediate region too. This goes for new and used as far as shopping.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
There was a report last week by our local consumer advocate saying that currently 80% of new cars are selling above their MSRP/sticker. This was not brand specific, it's across the board. He did say you could still buy at or below list but it required some serious looking and willingness to travel.
IDK if it's true, I haven't really bothered to look but the reporter is a really well respected consumer advocate in our area and has been for over 20 years.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
02048 isn't very helpful (location of OP).

Heck, if they can get $10K over MSRP for Kia, as some places have done, then the world truly has gone mad.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I was at my local Ford dealer day before yesterday. They offered me $39,000 on the spot for my 2018 PP2 301A with active exhaust and cloth Recaros. While it only has 20K miles and looks in excellent condition, that’s $250 more than what I bought it from them four years ago. What’s even sadder, I wasn’t the least bit interested in selling it to them for that price. Crazy times indeed.

I recently ordered a new 2022 Ram Rebel 4x4. While looking at prices on new and used trucks, there are very few dealers offering below MSRP and more than a few adding up to $5K ADM. I even saw one and two year old low mileage used trucks selling above their original MSRP.

I was able to negotiate down to $1K over invoice on an order which was about $3K under MSRP. I believe you can actually get better pricing on an ordered vehicle than you can on inventory already sitting on the dealer’s lot.

Last edited:

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
The Ford dealership I purchased from here in the Portland, Oregon area is slapping an ADM on every Mustang that hits the sales lot. Minimum $5K ADMs for plain GTs, and upwards of $10K or more for Mach1s.

I custom ordered my GT 3 months ago, and it arrived last week. I had signed a Purchase Agreement at time of order, so as to not get hit with any surprise ADM or strange fees. Funny thing is as the service folks were finishing my car's PDI and removing the window stickers, they also removed a particular dealer sticker I noticed that said my car had a $4999 "Market Adjustment", raising the price that amount. The dealer does this in case the buyer (me) ghosts them or cannot complete the purchase of the custom order. They were ready to sell it to the next walk-up customer with the "Market Adjustment" price. And yes, plenty of walk-up customers are paying that.
Sponsored