Sponsored

Autocross around Broward

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, I've seen a few posts here and there and after I got a very brief taste of an autocross experience a couple of weekends ago, I definitely want to give it a go in my car.

Any feedback on going to an Equine Rapide vs Gold Coast PCA event? They both seem to be at the BB&T center (ER is on 4/22, PCA is on 5/13) and are $45-50 each.

This would be my first time so not sure if one is more newbie friendly than the other, might bring a friend along in his Challenger to see how the boat handles as well.
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Try Equine Rapide first as they would be more non-Porsche friendly(not that the Porsche club is not friendly).

The most important thing to remember is to get their early and WALK the course. The first run will only look like a sea of cones if you don't walk the course, and you'll probably get lost. Next, make sure your car is in good mechanical condition-no bald tires, loose battery etc.

SteedaGrrl

2Fast2Furious
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6-speed
Sorry I have autocrossed several times with both clubs and I disagree with Billy. ER tends to have 75-100 and over 100+ registrants and less runs than PCA, which caps their events to 75. I have also found PCA to be very welcoming to us non Bavarians. I'm doing autox with them this Saturday at Sebring raceway (yes I know, a 2 hour drive from Broward. But they will be at BBT too.) only 29 registered! Should get several runs in!
I have friends who love Gulf Coast Autocrossers, but again that's not in Broward either.
Hope to see you around town.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any set number of runs or is just based on number of people registered? Less people = more runs per person and vice versa? It makes sense if they only have the space for a set amount of time.

Came across the Gulf Coast one as well, but I think I'd try to stick within an hour of me at most for now.

Appreciate the info from both of you so far!

SteedaGrrl

2Fast2Furious
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6-speed
Is there any set number of runs or is just based on number of people registered? Less people = more runs per person and vice versa? It makes sense if they only have the space for a set amount of time.

Came across the Gulf Coast one as well, but I think I'd try to stick within an hour of me at most for now.

Appreciate the info from both of you so far!
Yes it's mainly based off number of registrants. On one instance where there were over 115 registered, we only got 4 runs. At $45-50 and spending all day (8+ hours) in the blazing sun, it just wasn't worth it.
I've been to events where there were less than 60 registered and we got 8 runs. PCA also tends to charge less. We are told this weekend we're getting 6-8 runs but with only 30 registered it looks more like at least 10 runs. Not bad for just $35.

Sponsored

SteedaGrrl

2Fast2Furious
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6-speed
Well, Sebring was awesome. We got 8 runs in only because it started pouring it's a** off there, and they had to bring the timing equipment in. (We were going to get another 8 runs in after lunch but oh well.) We then got "fun runs" after it dried off a bit. So some people did several of those and probably got a good 15 runs in total.
I signed up for PCA's next event (Mother's Day) at BB&T Center.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I've been to a few equipe rapide events at BBT. Pretty straightforward, It does take all day long and you usually only get about 5 runs. I'm traveling for work so I won't be able to make 4/22 but I try to go whenever im in town. There are usually a few mustangs

SteedaGrrl

2Fast2Furious
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6-speed
PCA is hosting autocross at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Sunday, May 13th (yeah yeah, Mother's Day, whoopty do). They have guaranteed 8 runs and so far only 33 registered, may get more runs. (But let's not get greedy.) :)
So far just 2 mustangs (me and a 93 foxbody), Porsches, miatas, and WRXs.
Sponsored