jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
My driveshaft was replaced yesterday but I still have the clanking sound. I tried telling them about the front flange, as others have reported, but it fell on deaf ears. After all, I'm just some dude off the street and not an ASE certified mechanic, so whatever I say means nothing.

Does anyone have a part number for this front flange piece that I can give them?
Sponsored

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Hi guys,

have the same "issue" with my automatic on my GT EU version, thought it was normal, up to now...

Would you guys have a pic from the front flange?

Kinda hard to find a good translation if I have to explain this at the dealership (being myself not an mechanical expert). And "front flange mustang" in google search results in a bunch of different pictures.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi guys,

have the same "issue" with my automatic on my GT EU version, thought it was normal, up to now...

Would you guys have a pic from the front flange?

Kinda hard to find a good translation if I have to explain this at the dealership (being myself not an mechanical expert). And "front flange mustang" in google search results in a bunch of different pictures.

I don't have a picture handy, but it will be the point where the driveshaft meets up with the back of the transmission. There should be a flange there that mounts the driveshaft to the trans.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I don't have a picture handy, but it will be the point where the driveshaft meets up with the back of the transmission. There should be a flange there that mounts the driveshaft to the trans.
Could this be it? the disc part on the right?

Also I have seen in previous pages that some changed the rear flange as well. Do we have to change both or just the front?

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Could this be it? the disc part on the right?

Also I have seen in previous pages that some changed the rear flange as well. Do we have to change both or just the front?
I would assume that flange is what is being replaced. All I know is they replaced the front only, and I have not had any more "clinking" sound. You could give them a link to this thread, or print a couple of the last pages to show what people have posted their dealer replacing.

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Another victim here @ 1100 miles. :doh::frusty:

menq27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Just got back from the dealer here at AZ, service manager refused to use our forum as a resource, and he said my "clunk" sounds was not loud so he refused to do anything with my V6. I insist that there is a problem, then he took another hour to search in ford's database try to find other similar issue and he said he found nothing. So I'm if anyone here has fixed their V6's "clunk" can share a case number with me or can they give me a copy of their report. I have no idea what should I do now.....

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
If anyone who had this fixed has the work order and can supply a part number or the specific part name that would be extremely helpful. I am looking to order the part and do it myself.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Just got back from the dealer here at AZ, service manager refused to use our forum as a resource, and he said my "clunk" sounds was not loud so he refused to do anything with my V6. I insist that there is a problem, then he took another hour to search in ford's database try to find other similar issue and he said he found nothing. So I'm if anyone here has fixed their V6's "clunk" can share a case number with me or can they give me a copy of their report. I have no idea what should I do now.....
Of course he refused to use a forum as a resource, it's been that way since the beginning of time. Anyone can say anything on an internet forum, it's in no way a legitimate source to warrant a repair. Do you honestly think the manufacturer would pay the dealer for any repairs performed based on an internet forum? Of course they wouldn't, because it's ridiculous.

One of the biggest problems with forums is that people read about an "issue" someone is having, and all of a sudden hundreds of people have the same "problem" that didn't even exist until they read about someone else complaining about it.

Some noise is NORMAL when shifting from one gear selection to the next, it's the result of torque being applied to the driveline components. That's the case with any vehicle. When you shift out of Park, you're taking the load off of the parking pawl, which can also result in an audible noise, as the parking pawl has tension on it any time that it is holding the vehicle stationary.

If the dealer indicated it was a normal noise and you think there is a problem, ask to sample another 2015 Mustang with the same powertrain and similar mileage. If the comparison unit is the same, then it's normal. If not, ask the dealer why there is a difference, and explain that you want your vehicle to operate the same way the other units do. That is a legitimate reason for a diagnosis/repair, as opposed to what someone said on the internet.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here is a copy of my invoice with part numbers that were replaced. It fixed my clinking problem.

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Car was at the dealer today. Service Mgr. heard and agreed it doesn't sound right. They will be calling the Ford hotline number to get the next step. Told them about the flange fix and they seemed to believe that would make sense. Will keep you guys informed when I hear back from the dealer.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a copy of my invoice with part numbers that were replaced. It fixed my clinking problem.

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b406/Lil4cyl/Flange_zpsh734bjlf.jpg[IMG][/quote]

VERY helpful, thanks a lot

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Thx Pop. This will be very useful.

Mine's getting worse. It does the "Clank" from P->R, P->D, accelerating, decelerating, etc.
That's not good. Mine is going in sometime next week and hoping this is the fix.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good luck. Hope yall get squared away!