Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting thread, following. I will monitor my 6R80 as well.
Sponsored

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
i had this same problem Ford tech found excessive play and replaced the transmission flange. Seems to have fixed it 8000 on the new flange and no clunk.

NOTE: my car has the dreaded 50-70 mph vibration the new flange made it worse. Ended up having to do the hose clamp on car DS balancing.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
i had this same problem Ford tech found excessive play and replaced the transmission flange. Seems to have fixed it 8000 on the new flange and no clunk.

NOTE: my car has the dreaded 50-70 mph vibration the new flange made it worse. Ended up having to do the hose clamp on car DS balancing.
What did you tell your dealer when you brought it in for the clunk? I've taken my car to 2 dealers and they insist nothing is wrong yet I hear this noise almost every time I shift into D or R, accelerate, or decelerate.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What did you tell your dealer when you brought it in for the clunk? I've taken my car to 2 dealers and they insist nothing is wrong yet I hear this noise almost every time I shift into D or R, accelerate, or decelerate.
Contact "Ford Service" on here, her name is Deysha. Explain the problem in the PM to her; she will need your info, VIN, name, etc. and she WILL elevate your concern to your Regional Ford CSR, who will in turn make your vehicle a priority at X-Dealer.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Definitely send me your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number, s550v6. Also send me a brief description of the concern you’re experiencing.

Contact "Ford Service" on here, her name is Deysha. Explain the problem in the PM to her; she will need your info, VIN, name, etc. and she WILL elevate your concern to your Regional Ford CSR, who will in turn make your vehicle a priority at X-Dealer.
Thank you for the mention and support, Cobra Jet!

Deysha

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Definitely send me your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number, s550v6. Also send me a brief description of the concern you’re experiencing.

Thank you for the mention and support, Cobra Jet!

Deysha
I will have that information for you within the hour. In the meantime I have a question...I have been experiencing this noise for most of my 17k miles and have brought it in 2 or 3 times to get checked out. Since no dealership took any action fixing it I figured it was normal and recently added a differential bushing support system from BMR. The more solid mounting of the differential has made this noise even more pronounced. Do you think it will be an issue that I have this modification done even if I have physical proof of me trying to get the noise fixed before the modification? I don't want a $60 mod to effect the possibility of a warranty-covered issue being resolved. What do you think?

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I will have that information for you within the hour. In the meantime I have a question...I have been experiencing this noise for most of my 17k miles and have brought it in 2 or 3 times to get checked out. Since no dealership took any action fixing it I figured it was normal and recently added a differential bushing support system from BMR. The more solid mounting of the differential has made this noise even more pronounced. Do you think it will be an issue that I have this modification done even if I have physical proof of me trying to get the noise fixed before the modification? I don't want a $60 mod to effect the possibility of a warranty-covered issue being resolved. What do you think?
You will need to speak with your service manager about this, s550v6. He is in the best position to assist with this information.

Deysha

Cyber_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Clonk when putting in reverse gear on AT

There is a Ford advisory out for this problem - if Ford Germany has it, Ford US has it definitely;-)

The solution is to disassemble the propshaft flange, apply some special grease and reassemble with a special nut.

Hope you get it sorted. Mine has it, too and I have an appointment to get it fixed. Others in the German Mustang6 Forum have reported back that this resolves the problem, so am confident resolves the problem.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
There is a Ford advisory out for this problem - if Ford Germany has it, Ford US has it definitely;-)

The solution is to disassemble the propshaft flange, apply some special grease and reassemble with a special nut.

Hope you get it sorted. Mine has it, too and I have an appointment to get it fixed. Others in the German Mustang6 Forum have reported back that this resolves the problem, so am confident resolves the problem.
Would this solution solve the clunk/thud on manuals as well?

It is a real shame Ford put these cars together with such loose tolerances, it is shoddy to be honest to have so much slack in the drive line on a brand new car.

Cyber_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Gibbo205: The original post was for automatic transmission and my post was geared to that. I have no knowledge when it comes to manual transmission.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Do you by chance have or can get the Ford SSM Advisory notice number or a scan of the doc to post up so others can reference?

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I second that!

Cyber_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sorry there was no reply from me but I really tried to get the information and was unsuccessful. Mine ist still going in for the modification but my Ford dealer was firm on not giving out any Ford-internal advisory information. However, any Ford dealer should find the advisory using the problem description...

Good luck!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
A "TSB"? Technician Service Bulletin? I am getting a thud when turning and sometime when I start moving forward, last time I noticed it I could reproduce the thud, then it goes away for a while. I don't "Hot Rod" my pony, just run thru the twisty's fast. No burn outs, just chicane's and S-curves.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is gone after installing my one piece Dynotech Aluminum ds!
Sponsored