• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto Start Stop System

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
And if it still starts, no need to have the started replaced. Just have the counter reset (like they would do if they replaced the starter).
I seriously doubt anybody will ever trigger the warning considering how many times it would be.
Sponsored

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I got one of the last off the line without it. After having the car and hearing how aggressively loud the startup is, I cant imagine how annoying it would be in stop and go traffic.. not to mention probably causes more emissions constantly cranking over.

What I find more frustrating is the car defaults to normal mode when turned off. I'm still learning the car though I constantly forget to switch to "custom mode" in order to activate the custom profiles.

Wish there was a button for that, or the ability to make the FAVORITE button activate custom mode.

The only thing so far I dislike about the car, (all new cars) is all the "save myself from myself" shit, lane assist, collision correction, distracted driver alert, etc... I sure as hell don't want my car making steering or braking decisions for me. If I am that incapable probably shouldn't be driving in the first place. I still cant stand the seatbelt law bullshit, damn I know I'm gettn old 😁
My 2020 F150 Limited you can turn off the Lane changing alert and the Stop / Start.
Just push a button.
Hopefully the Mustang will have something to turn off those options?

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My 2020 F150 Limited you can turn off the Lane changing alert and the Stop / Start.
Just push a button.
Hopefully the Mustang will have something to turn off those options?
Yes I figured out how to disable all those options, only one I can't figure out is the seat belt reminder chime, I think that one is unavoidable

OP
OP
MJS54

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
BTW, DTech now makes an Auto Stop Start eliminator plug in harness for the 2024 Mustang. It does involve removing your screen and a dash board panel behind the screen
hopefully when you put it back together you won’t have any annoying rattles. Thanks Ford for installing this totally useless and annoying feature in a “performance” car. Because I don’t want other cars to hear my “beautiful rumbling 5.0L engine IDLING while sitting at a light, a stop
Sign, or in stop and go traffic. LOL
The video by DTech can be viewed on YouTube search “Ford Mustang DISABLE auto Start/Stop feature -Turn on and off”

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
My GT Premium 401a was built 1/21/24 and thankfully I do NOT have start/stop.

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
BTW, DTech now makes an Auto Stop Start eliminator plug in harness for the 2024 Mustang. It does involve removing your screen and a dash board panel behind the screen
hopefully when you put it back together you won’t have any annoying rattles. Thanks Ford for installing this totally useless and annoying feature in a “performance” car. Because I don’t want other cars to hear my “beautiful rumbling 5.0L engine IDLING while sitting at a light, a stop
Sign, or in stop and go traffic. LOL
The video by DTech can be viewed on YouTube search “Ford Mustang DISABLE auto Start/Stop feature -Turn on and off”
Just ordered mine! Looks really easy to install. I'll follow up with feedback once I get it installed next week.

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered mine! Looks really easy to install. I'll follow up with feedback once I get it installed next week.
Confirmed, works like a charm and installation is a piece of cake. My only recommendation is use a magnetic screwdriver or have one of those magnetic extendable sticks to help get the lower screws out. I had a hard time getting my fingers down behind the screen, ended up using needlenose plyers, and dropped one down inside the dash.

BYBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Yes I figured out how to disable all those options, only one I can't figure out is the seat belt reminder chime, I think that one is unavoidable
They have directions on turning off the seatbelt chime right in the owners manual.

Tyler Durden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium - Ordered
Confirmed, works like a charm and installation is a piece of cake. My only recommendation is use a magnetic screwdriver or have one of those magnetic extendable sticks to help get the lower screws out. I had a hard time getting my fingers down behind the screen, ended up using needlenose plyers, and dropped one down inside the dash.
Nice. Glad it came along well. Did you have the premium glass or the separated ones? Have you noticed any rattles after taking the screens off and putting them back on?

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. Glad it came along well. Did you have the premium glass or the separated ones? Have you noticed any rattles after taking the screens off and putting them back on?
I have the single glass. No rattles. It has 2 pressure clips and 6 screws holding it in place. When I put the screws back in, I did push against the screens to make sure they were butted up against the dash as hard as possible and tightened them down until they were tight, but not trying to over tighten them.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
They have directions on turning off the seatbelt chime right in the owners manual.
It turns off the visual reminder on the screen, the chime is still enabled