Sponsored

Charleston

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Going to be in Charleston, SC next week any hot spots to hit, been there once already looking for any input. Thanks
Sponsored

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Patriot’s point is also a cool place to visit if you’re into military ships. Spent a night on the carrier a few years ago and it was awesome!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
track down @Bikeman315.
If you're into lead propellent devices, there's Palmetto State Armory stores all over..

The Edisto Island Serpentarium was pretty cool, esp if you have age-appropriate children. Though plenty interesting for adults.

My dad and 2 nephews tried our hand at Panic/Escape Rooms. We sucked hard on the first attempt and did much better on the second. Rather expensive for 60-90 minutes of entertainment but fun nonetheless.

Patriot Point was fun if a lot more expensive than I would have guessed. $24/head. It was cool to be on a carrier for the boys but I'm spoiled - I've actually been on Midway in Yokosuka, and also a guided missile destroyer (Arleigh Burke class). Also the Submarine is off-limits (Covid nonsense) but also because they will be towing it out to sea and scuttling it around August to make an artificial reef.

If you feel like going down to Savannah...
8th Air Force museum just outside of town. If you're into old timey houses, they've got a good collection near the wharf. Pity the old sailing ships aren't scheduled to be around.

There's some crazy famous (and DELICOUS) home made ice cream place near the waterfront as well.

If for some reason you're going to be around marshy water around Paris Island be SURE to slather on the DEET or wear full-coverage clothing it out early/late day. The biting gnats (I'm calling them flying chiggers) are vicious. I have never gotten bit this badly in my life and it took a full 2 weeks for the bites to heal.

Last edited:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you like beer, check out Palmetto Brewing Co, Revelry Brewing, or Tradesmen.

Hit up King Street. Food is EVERYWHERE. Go to "The Battery" section of the city, it's beautiful.

Be a tourist and take a horse and buggy tour of historic downtown.

As mentioned, Patriots Point is a great stop as is a Fort Sumter tour.

Hit up the beaches of Isle of Palms. Fort Moultrie is on Sullivans Island if getting on a boat isn't your thing.

Charleston and Savannah are by far, hands down the best "old south" cities you'll ever go to. Enjoy it. I miss it dearly (I'm from Myrtle Beach originally).

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Ghost Tours in both cities are a great way to spend an entertaining evening and learn a lot about the cities origins.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Going to be in Charleston, SC next week any hot spots to hit, been there once already looking for any input. Thanks
If you are interested in the history of Charleston (and it is fascinating) I highly recommend a walking tour with Two Sisters.
https://www.twosisterstours.com/

We also did the water tour our first time there. A beautiful relaxing time on the water.
https://charlestonharbortours.com/

Now if you have the time, just outside Charleston go the the Angel Oak.
https://www.angeloaktree.com/

And lastly an incredable place to eat (and there are soooo many) not to far from the tree.
https://angeloakrestaurant.com/menus/

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
If you are in Savannah, go take a lap Of the Hutchinson race track, it’s on the island just in front of downtown

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I'll second the horse and buggy rides as well as ghost tours in Charleston and Savanah.

If you do in fact go to both cities, I would recommend an in between stop at Hilton Head.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend an in between stop at Hilton Head.
and do what? it's a bedroom community with some good (but tend expensive) restaurants sure and a golf course or two, but what else?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
and do what? it's a bedroom community with some good (but tend expensive) restaurants sure and a golf course or two, but what else?
Well if your taking the scenic route (Rt17, 21, 170) from Charleston it’s a nice place to stop for lunch.

OP
OP
whitestang5

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I stayed at Isle of Palms and also hit up Palmetto good beer, did King street also,
Thanks
QUOTE="Shifting_Gears, post: 3262957, member: 36979"]
If you like beer, check out Palmetto Brewing Co, Revelry Brewing, or Tradesmen.

Hit up King Street. Food is EVERYWHERE. Go to "The Battery" section of the city, it's beautiful.

Be a tourist and take a horse and buggy tour of historic downtown.

As mentioned, Patriots Point is a great stop as is a Fort Sumter tour.

Hit up the beaches of Isle of Palms. Fort Moultrie is on Sullivans Island if getting on a boat isn't your thing.

Charleston and Savannah are by far, hands down the best "old south" cities you'll ever go to. Enjoy it. I miss it dearly (I'm from Myrtle Beach originally).
[/QUOTE]

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
[/QUOTE] Charleston and Savannah are by far, hands down the best "old south" cities you'll ever go to. Enjoy it. I miss it dearly (I'm from Myrtle Beach originally). [/QUOTE]

Beaufort's pretty damn nice too and it ain't very crowded.......YET!! :wink:
Sponsored