Sponsored

Australian RHD Tuners

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
SCT X4, granted it isn't as cool or useful as the Ngauge but it does the job. Also I have heard the Di Filippo system in person it sounds really good but is pricey
I'm not up to speed in the world of flash tuning AT ALL, but to me, the lay person, it seems that we've been dynoing and flash tuning cars for quite some time now, with no need for an onboard logger beyond the point of the final tune.
The cynic inside me is saying this is because the guys at the dyno shop are getting it right the first time, rendering a real time/data logger/gauge thing irrelevant.
Is it possible that a canned tune needs the gauge because it is exactly that, a canned tune?
And no, I'm not hanging shit on canned tunes.
Like I say, there is no expertise in these comments, I'm just questioning the state of affairs.
Sponsored

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
I know someone who made a wireless tuning app, it was for an enthausist that wanted increased control, changing his tune on the fly.

While some people want a set and forget tune, others like to toy around with it forever. The guages just give you that much more info on the road that a dyno cant give you.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
ide be interested if there is actualy a specific tune required for the ozy RHD or is it some money baking BS. the bama and x4 are listed as not working with the RHD version and i dont want to damage my car.
Lund basically get your serial first to go over the stock RHD Aus tune. Send you a base tune according to the mods you have done. Wheel size/tire size etc. Along with any power adders. They go over your numbers from datalogging through the Ngauge.

You can get revisions for free if there are any issues with your numbers.

Yes it is tuned for Australian fuel/conditions etc.

Plenty of options available for you either locally or via remote datalogging from USA. Have a think about it and go with what you're comfortable with I say.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Go and talk to Rob Herrod at Herrod Motorsport in Thomastown.

He will provide you with everything you need to know.

Cheers
Yeah his tunes have blown up an aluminator block before...pass

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Has happened to many so called "experts".

Herrod Motorsport stand behind their work and product. They are also a Ford Performance parts distributor with factory backing.
Do you work for herrod? You seem to be pushing them pretty hard in your two posts. Herrod lies about his Ford performance parts, charges a ridiculous mark up and most people are aware of his business practices

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
No I don't work for Herrod but have had work done there a number of times. Be very careful you don't step over the line and slander people in a public forum.

This site exists to help share helpful information with like minded people. :ford:
Agreed, I have helped a lot of people on this forum, but what you will learn very quickly is that we don't have a lot of time for people who try to take us for a ride with their 'exclusive' product offerings. Pricing above market for multiple things and trying to go up against one of our forum members who tries to help out a lot here. I have looked at purchasing from herrod a few times but their inconsistent pricing is enough to deter me.

As a side not it would be libel not slander, as slander refers to statements made orally. Either way one of the main defenses is truth. Everything written in the last few posts is completely true.

Welcome to the forum!

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Agreed, I have helped a lot of people on this forum, but what you will learn very quickly is that we don't have a lot of time for people who try to take us for a ride with their 'exclusive' product offerings. Pricing above market for multiple things and trying to go up against one of our forum members who tries to help out a lot here. I have looked at purchasing from herrod a few times but their inconsistent pricing is enough to deter me.

As a side not it would be libel not slander, as slander refers to statements made orally. Either way one of the main defenses is truth. Everything written in the last few posts is completely true.

Welcome to the forum!
Aus mustang GT is pretty much one of the mod pioneers here and has been a lot of help. I would agree with what he has said re-suppliers and tuners taking the piss. One such supplier I think was doing that earlier on this forum and was called out. To their credit they did respond positively and there was action on prices and other issues. They are still too expensive but much better.

Thanks ausmustang gt.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Aus mustang GT is pretty much one of the mod pioneers here and has been a lot of help. I would agree with what he has said re-suppliers and tuners taking the piss. One such supplier I think was doing that earlier on this forum and was called out. To their credit they did respond positively and there was action on prices and other issues. They are still too expensive but much better.

Thanks ausmustang gt.
Thanks [MENTION=21594]Stubai[/MENTION], it hasn't always been smooth sailing with getting some mods organised but I am always to help people out with what they need :cheers:
Sponsored