Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I had the Touring fitted.

Just went for a drive this morning - cold start is loud but settles quickly. At first I thought it was a bit noisy on and off throttle but by the time I got to the M4 it was really great sounding.

I think it takes a bit of getting used to.
Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
I though this might help some people. It is a small clip of my Ford Performance Quad Tip Exhaust with H Pipe installed. It's a social event track run and recorded with rear channel dash-cam but it was oddly enough the closest recording I have heard where it's what it actually sounds like. There is some wind noise as windows were down. This was Sports+ in S on the Auto Select and using Paddle Shifting.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ Thanks for posting that, sounds very similar to my AWE.

How do you find it on cold start-up? And, what is the sound like in the cabin compared to standard?

I think the AWE is loud on cold starts but funny thing is my young daughters didn't hear a thing when I went out for my drive this morning!!

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ Thanks for posting that, sounds very similar to my AWE.

How do you find it on cold start-up? And, what is the sound like in the cabin compared to standard?

I think the AWE is loud on cold starts but funny thing is my young daughters didn't hear a thing when I went out for my drive this morning!!
Cold start is loud for a few seconds then seems to settle and after about 30 seconds it calms down. In normal mode the cab noise simply puts a smile on your face and is not offensive at all. Zero drone and a really nice burble. Step on it and it just gets better but does attract some attention. Put it in sports + and it really wakes up but never is it a terrible sound, and the H pipe has really sealed the deal. If had the choice as a hindsight scenario, I would go the same again.

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
I though this might help some people. It is a small clip of my Ford Performance Quad Tip Exhaust with H Pipe installed. It's a social event track run and recorded with rear channel dash-cam but it was oddly enough the closest recording I have heard where it's what it actually sounds like. There is some wind noise as windows were down. This was Sports+ in S on the Auto Select and using Paddle Shifting.

Is that Lakeside mate? What was the occasion? Looks like very cool fun!

Sponsored

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Great thread - thanks to everyone who has contributed to this - helped to make my decision on choosing a new exhaust a lot easier.

A big shout-out to Fred from Suspension Parts Online. His advice and in particular his offer of demonstrating the Borla S-Type (cat-back) made it easier to choose.

Last week I had installed the Borla S-Type axle-back on my GT convertible auto. Couldn't get enough of it on the weekend! Each to their own (and there may be other exhaust brands that do the same) but for us the Borla S-Type axle-back (everything else is stock) is the right balance between volume and deep burble with little-to-no raspiness. Little bit of subtle crackle on downshifts particularly in Sport. The pony is now well and truly alive!

I wouldn't mind trying removing the sound tube as others have mentioned - may just make the sound in-cabin a little cleaner.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Is that Lakeside mate? What was the occasion? Looks like very cool fun!
Yeah was... All american independence day. Was heaps of fun but nothing serious just like minded people having a great day.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Gloria now has a new sound thanks to the Roush axle backs fitted recently.
IMG_2044.JPG
IMG_2041.JPG

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the video. Apologies for the 2 little audio dropouts, I think that's a fault with my phone, and at the beginning the sound heard is a car driving up the street.

This is a cold start and the idle soon settles down. It's got a nice throaty deep tone.

At first I thought it was too loud but I'm growing accustomed to it.

Lesson is don't believe the video clips you hear for exhausts, best to hear in person.

I think this is the first AWE Touring exhaust for the Mustang fitted in Australia, well, Sydney at least!!

[ame]

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Here is the video. Apologies for the 2 little audio dropouts, I think that's a fault with my phone, and at the beginning the sound heard is a car driving up the street.

This is a cold start and the idle soon settles down. It's got a nice throaty deep tone.

At first I thought it was too loud but I'm growing accustomed to it.

Lesson is don't believe the video clips you hear for exhausts, best to hear in person.

I think this is the first AWE Touring exhaust for the Mustang fitted in Australia, well, Sydney at least!!

System sounds great......deep throaty rumble......
Can I ask where you purchased cat-back from?
Sounds very much like what I'm after.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it might be relevant to share this here as a cautionary tale for those who might be doing headers at a later date.
I started out with a Magnaflow Comp Axle back. Compared to the grabber car in the vid, it was very quiet. Grabber is running MBRP street cat back.
Now, after headers, you literally can't even hear the grabber car over the top of mine.
Plan your mods carefully guys. :thumbsup:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
System sounds great......deep throaty rumble......
Can I ask where you purchased cat-back from?
Sounds very much like what I'm after.

I purchased it from Scuderia-AutoArt - they are the Australian distributor for AWE.

I tried purchasing from a few vendors in the USA but AWE control the distribution. If you could purchase from a Forum Sponsor and have it delivered to an American address and then ship to Australia you might save but that option wasn't open for me.

In the end, I decided to buy locally so I have some recourse if there's any problem. They'll give 5% discount to 6G Forum members.

Cheers,

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased it from Scuderia-AutoArt - they are the Australian distributor for AWE.

I tried purchasing from a few vendors in the USA but AWE control the distribution. If you could purchase from a Forum Sponsor and have it delivered to an American address and then ship to Australia you might save but that option wasn't open for me.

In the end, I decided to buy locally so I have some recourse if there's any problem. They'll give 5% discount to 6G Forum members.

Cheers,
Did you look into that Switchpath one Rspec? If it's just a valve to shut the h-pipe it would sound absolutely disgusting with it shut. I think you made the right choice! Engines with this firing order cannot run without a balance pipe of some sort!

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase