Aussie Exhausts

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
Where does everyone recommend to get a Roush axle-back supplied and fitted in Sydney?
I just got my Roush Axle-back installed today by Castle Hill Exhaust / Performance Centre.

However I bought the axle-back myself through Mustang Motorsport in Melbourne and they shipped those to me.

Also got the blacked out exhaust tips from Blue Oval Industries in the USA (***Please pardon my horrible Plasti-Dip red ring DIY - I suck at DIY)
Roush Axelback _.jpg
Roush Axelback 1.jpg

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hi Darren

what does it sound like with factory resonator still on?

I think the original batmobile had red tip exhausts

cheers

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Just wondering if there are any recommendations for a workshop to install a cat-back exhaust system in Penrith area?
Try Race Solutions in Penrith they're off Coreen Avenue that street that runs behind Pet Barn and the Hudson Hardware.

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I just got my Roush Axle-back installed today by Castle Hill Exhaust / Performance Centre.

However I bought the axle-back myself through Mustang Motorsport in Melbourne and they shipped those to me.

Also got the blacked out exhaust tips from Blue Oval Industries in the USA (***Please pardon my horrible Plasti-Dip red ring DIY - I suck at DIY)

[MENTION=22967]dtdazza[/MENTION] would you mind sharing a link to the black exhaust tips? I've been considering the Roush ABs for a while, just a bit concerned about how the volume given I'll be fitting an x pipe.

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Looking to upgrade my GT convertible (auto) exhaust. Being an auto have been told that axle back is safest way to avoid drone (rather than cat back).

Has anyone had the JBA axle back installed on their convertible?

I'm looking for a classic deep V8 rumble but maybe not as much crackle, pop and raspiness as say the Roush axle back (well, at least a lot of the videos are like that - not sure if that's what it's like for real).

Any thoughts much appreciated :)

Def

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Having an auto myself i can confirm there is no drone from my borla s type catback.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Looking to upgrade my GT convertible (auto) exhaust. Being an auto have been told that axle back is safest way to avoid drone (rather than cat back).

I'm looking for a classic deep V8 rumble but maybe not as much crackle, pop and raspiness as say the Roush axle back (well, at least a lot of the videos are like that - not sure if that's what it's like for real).

I have the JBA's axle backs in an auto and they are just what you are after, very deep V8 rumble, no raspy sounds. But you will need to remove your sound tube as the JBAs are a big difference in volume. No drone but with the sound tube in the cabin it gets a bit much- disconnected its perfect.
Cheers
Phil

Sponsored

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have the JBA's axle backs in an auto and they are just what you are after, very deep V8 rumble, no raspy sounds. But you will need to remove your sound tube as the JBAs are a big difference in volume. No drone but with the sound tube in the cabin it gets a bit much- disconnected its perfect.
Cheers
Phil
Thanks Phil. JBAs don't seem to get the coverage that the other big brands get. Do a Google search and they just don't seem to come up with vids and comments. Not sure why. Thanks for your feedback - that's good to know.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

I have the Roush axle back and an auto and no drone and i daily drive it. It has the classic deep old school muscle sound with no raspiness at all. Some crackle at higher revs but nothing horrible sounding. Ive had it on for 1200km and i love it. Bang for buck is unbelievable.

In my opinion i think it would be too loud for a daily if you also had an x or h pipe

Oh and i also removed the sound tube

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Having an auto I don't find any drone from my exhaust with the stock resonator removed...
On very rare occasion the transmission will hold a gear that causes a bit of noise but you can paddle shift kick it into silent :)

I did a 400k road trip with my wife and 4year old on the long weekend and nobody complained about the noise.

In other words - I wouldn't be too worried about going full catback, but your best bet is to go along to a meet up and hear some alternatives.

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Having an auto I don't find any drone from my exhaust with the stock resonator removed...
On very rare occasion the transmission will hold a gear that causes a bit of noise but you can paddle shift kick it into silent :)

I did a 400k road trip with my wife and 4year old on the long weekend and nobody complained about the noise.

In other words - I wouldn't be too worried about going full catback, but your best bet is to go along to a meet up and hear some alternatives.
Thanks ssb. I notice you have an S-Type Borla Axle Back (plus an X pipe). Are you also happy with the note of this? There's a video on CJ's website where it sounds deep and throaty and little rasp. Would that be correct?

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Thanks ssb. I notice you have an S-Type Borla Axle Back (plus an X pipe). Are you also happy with the note of this? There's a video on CJ's website where it sounds deep and throaty and little rasp. Would that be correct?
Yes - a Frankenstein catback :)

It's got a nice deep warble at idle/low revs...

Sometimes I wish it was a bit deeper higher in the rev range - something that some of the others seem to have (Magnaflow comes to mind), and "rasp" is a bit subjective - personally I would say it goes a little raspy when there's a downshift and big jump in revs, but not as grating as "rasp" if that makes sense? :)
Sponsored