Sponsored

Audio / Infotainment System Display Stopped

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
While driving earlier today while playing an mp3 from my flash drive, the Audio / Infotainment System suddenly went black, as in turned off. I stopped along the side of the road, turned off the engine for about 30 sec, then restarted but nothing from the Audio / Infotainment System. Pulled the car into the garage and after about the 5 minutes, I restarted the engine and everything was back to normal. Any ideas, recalls or suggestions?
Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
While driving earlier today while playing an mp3 from my flash drive, the Audio / Infotainment System suddenly went black, as in turned off. I stopped along the side of the road, turned off the engine for about 30 sec, then restarted but nothing from the Audio / Infotainment System. Pulled the car into the garage and after about the 5 minutes, I restarted the engine and everything was back to normal. Any ideas, recalls or suggestions?
The only problem I had with my 2020 Mustang GT with the Audio/Infotainment System was while driving and using the Navigation system, the Navigation suddenly stopped working and went offline. After I restarted the car, it came back and has not acted up since.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Your system probably updated itself. Does your car connect to your wifi when you park it? If so, it likely downloaded and then installed while you were driving.

southwestheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 10A 401A 19" 3.55 B&O
The only time I've had this happen is when I'm plugging my phone in shortly after the car starts.

I think the infotainment is still booting or performing some other behind the scenes task at the same time Android Auto/Carplay is trying to load.

Everytime it's happened, simply unplugging the USB and plugging it back in a second later fixed it.

(Yours might be another problem but I'm adding this to the discussion in case someone else finds the thread based on the thread title.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
MeanGreen Bullitt Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The only time I've had this happen is when I'm plugging my phone in shortly after the car starts.

I think the infotainment is still booting or performing some other behind the scenes task at the same time Android Auto/Carplay is trying to load.

Everytime it's happened, simply unplugging the USB and plugging it back in a second later fixed it.

(Yours might be another problem but I'm adding this to the discussion in case someone else finds the thread based on the thread title.)
Thank you for the information. BTW I DO NOT like the update from a while back when everything was changed.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
I've had this happen twice in my 2020. Totally random from my viewpoint. Shut the car off and left it for a few hours, everything was fine.
Agreed this type of glitch shouldn't happen in today's vehicles.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Your system probably updated itself. Does your car connect to your wifi when you park it? If so, it likely downloaded and then installed while you were driving.
do you find the wifi range to be awful? i park in my garage, and the router is on the other side of the house (which can’t be more than 80 feet away…) and it can’t find ANY networks whatsoever so i can’t hook it up to wifi. so weird.
Sponsored