Votes: 43 26.7%

• Total voters

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I think it's fine that some people aren't thrilled about it. The reception overall has been positive and with every generation it usually takes time to warm to it. I would say don't give up on it yet. To your issues about it "lacking soul" and being disappointed in the size, not looking like a Mustang. Take a look at this picture... are you a fan of the S197? if so, the S550 looks smaller (which is what I assume you want judging by your posts re weight) and does it really look that much different than the S197? I'd say next to the first Mustang and the S197, the S550 is a very close 2nd in terms of looking like a Mustang. I guess I just don't see what you're seeing (or not seeing). Not trying to be an ass, but maybe you just don't like change? :shrug:
IMG_0306.jpg

I'll be getting a late 2015 based on my financial situation if everything works out. By then we should know of any major issues and I could hold off if need be. I can't wait :headbang:
:thumbsup: Agree and I do like it... like all the changes so far and it's similar to the same principle as the all-new C7... love it! It's a game changer and still represents & looks like a Vette, so same progress like this new S550... it still represents and still has the classic Mustang cues but in a better-evolved level now. I like the sleek fastback style. Love the rear as well.

I think the all-new Mustang is going to be a hit, again (like when the S197 was released). I can't wait to see one especially what the forthcoming hi-po model(s) will look like. I like that face to face comparison you posted, and if I like it in-person even more then I'd plant one next to my Boss. That'll be a cool pair for me. :cheers:
Sponsored

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
As much as I really want to see what SVT has to offer, I don't have a great history of patience :) The 2015 may be too good to wait. I can always pick up a used GT350 when I'm ready for a change.

I've already got mine reserved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aus Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD GT
With the demise of the Falcon in Australia, I think that this will definitely be a worthy future replacement for my current GT.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I wish I knew what it was :shrug:. I am thinking I was just expecting something different. I HOPE it grows on me.
I was expecting something different as well, I really wanted them to get back down to BRZ territory. But I understand now that would have been too radical. There's still a large group of "originals" (i.e. baby boomers) left with deep pockets. So it feels like the S550 is the bridge model between the muscle car era and the small, affordable sports car era. Side note, wasn't the Mustang originally intended to compete with the corvair? Anyway, they understand they still have a lot of capital still built up in the muscle car image.

So perhaps this is a bit like the SN95, the early years, as it awkwardly tried to transition back to retro styling and modern motors.

OP
OP

Vickstang

So perhaps this is a bit like the SN95, the early years, as it awkwardly tried to transition back to retro styling and modern motors.
Funny, I don't see anything awkward about it at all and the S550 doesn't look like a 'transition' mustang to me. Those concept photos in another thread looked like those were transition designs and with the S550they finally got the perfect blend of modern and classic Mustang - which mind you, no other Mustang has been able to pull off IMO. Not the SN95 and certainly not the Fox. There's still some traditional cues and proportions that neither of those previous generations got right. The nose of the S550 is way more Mustang than both cars as well as the taillights. About the only thing it lacks is the hockey stick.

I really wouldn't want the Mustang to look any more modern than this as we've seen the mistakes Ford has made in the past when it tries to do so. The S550 looks just right IMO.

Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Funny, I don't see anything awkward about it at all and the S550 doesn't look like a 'transition' mustang to me. Those concept photos in another thread looked like those were transition designs and with the S550they finally got the perfect blend of modern and classic Mustang - which mind you, no other Mustang has been able to pull off IMO. Not the SN95 and certainly not the Fox. There's still some traditional cues and proportions that neither of those previous generations got right. The nose of the S550 is way more Mustang than both cars as well as the taillights. About the only thing it lacks is the hockey stick.

I really wouldn't want the Mustang to look any more modern than this as we've seen the mistakes Ford has made in the past when it tries to do so. The S550 looks just right IMO.
IMO, the New Edge finally added the muscle back to the traditional view of the mustang. I believe the S550 has the muscular appearance, but it does seem a touch more "euro" (a great thing, honestly) and corporate (less of a good thing). It'll be interesting to see which direction they go in 2018.

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
The build time for the 2015 was too late for me. I bought a 2013 GT convertible a couple months ago as things were looking later than spring 2014. Love the new car and will be shopping for 2017. Until then my new 2013 Convertible is the pony in the stable.

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
I think it's fine that some people aren't thrilled about it. The reception overall has been positive and with every generation it usually takes time to warm to it. I would say don't give up on it yet. To your issues about it "lacking soul" and being disappointed in the size, not looking like a Mustang. Take a look at this picture... are you a fan of the S197? if so, the S550 looks smaller (which is what I assume you want judging by your posts re weight) and does it really look that much different than the S197? I'd say next to the first Mustang and the S197, the S550 is a very close 2nd in terms of looking like a Mustang. I guess I just don't see what you're seeing (or not seeing). Not trying to be an ass, but maybe you just don't like change? :shrug:

IMG_0306.jpg

I'll be getting a late 2015 based on my financial situation if everything works out. By then we should know of any major issues and I could hold off if need be. I can't wait :headbang:
Wow- I wish there's a high resolution shot of this..doesn't looks that much of a difference if you are not the mustang people.

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
Wow... The comparison here is astonishing. The S197 just looks so old in comparison.
Yeah. The more I look at it- The S197 looks so old school..LOL..

Sponsored
OP
OP

The Sarge

:thumbsup: Agree and I do like it... like all the changes so far and it's similar to the same principle as the all-new C7... love it! It's a game changer and still represents & looks like a Vette, so same progress like this new S550... it still represents and still has the classic Mustang cues but in a better-evolved level now.
My thoughts exactly. I think most telling is that most S197 owners seem to like the design. No more one-off mustang designs that look nothing like mustangs. No more fighting (ok that's optimistic) amongst owners of each generation about how "their mustang" looks nothing like one. Just evolve the look from here and we won't have any red headed stepchild years.

Wow- I wish there's a high resolution shot of this..doesn't looks that much of a difference if you are not the mustang people.
You can watch the video of it here, that's where i got it from.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21822#post21822

65Stang

65 Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 mustang, 1965 mustang, 2014 focus st
Definately going Ecoboost or GT if price would be in line, Guard color or Orange

Nukem High

Threads
Reaction score
Yes, almost definitely.

I am really looking forward to it. And let me say that I really enjoy reading these boards. I see all across the internet current owners who troll forums voicing their dislike (which is fine) for the new stang, but at a certain point it just gets annoying. These are not renderings anymore, it is the real deal, and to me it looks incredible.

I'm glad there is a group that is truly excited about the new Mustang and we can get beyond all the inane comparisons and start talking about how we're going to personalize it as soon as we get our hands on one. Which for me, is hopefully late 2014 :)

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I need to drive the car before making any kind of decision. I looked at 2011's online when the 5.0 came out and they definitely got me excited but it wasn't until the test drive that I was sold. Of course that was a big jump from my previous Audi A4 2.0t quattro, not so much coming from my now 3 year old and well raced and modded S197 5.0 to the new S550.

BStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Base Manual w/ 3.55s
We all have our favorites over the years, but this car has always represented so much more than a brand. For a long time Ford catered to the Mustang-faithful, but it's time to move on and make something for the rest of the world to get excited about. The 2015 Mustang is that car.

I'm just waiting to learn more about the EcoBoost before I make a final decision otherwise it will be a GT, manual, in either Ingot Silver or Guard. The only options important to me are tech related - SYNC is all I need.
Sponsored