Are my exhaust valves modified?

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
So I’m a new owner to a 2017 gt350 and loving every second of the voodoo soundtrack. The car is very well taken care of. I got to meet previous owner and he was an older gentlemen who was very careful with it. It is for the most part all stock (except for very minor interior cosmetics) but one thing I’ve noticed when exhaust is in normal mode which is very quiet and I flip the exhaust to sport you can hear it open immediately and work as it should, but when they are open and I try to switch it to normal it does not sound like they close at all. Sometimes after 5 min of driving or so you can hear them close. My question is maybe are the valve motors modified in any sort of way to have them stay open?
Any knowledge is appreciated. Thanks!!
Sponsored

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
Valves should immediately close upon selection of Normal. Valves also close in 6th gear btw regardless of mode.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
that sounds like a defect to me.

OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
Valves should immediately close upon selection of Normal. Valves also close in 6th gear btw regardless of mode.
Then something is definitely up with mine 6th gear I hear no difference and when I close them 2/10 times it will close but not immediately.

Sponsored

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
There is a possibility of corrosion depending upon where the car lived prior to your ownership.

OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
Did you go look at it? The valves are visible just inside the tailpipe. Go flip the switch and then go look!
Yes! I looked when off. Open. Turned it on. Sounded and was indeed opened. Changed mode to sport back to normal, looked… open.