tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
I've owned my GT auto for a little over a year and it still pretty much stock 2 months into it I took it down to the track ran 12.8 @ 108 all stock

Since then I've been just looking endlessly over boosted and n/a setups I would like to go boost but it does get pricey and with the new 350 manifolds getting a good rep so far I wondered if going with that manifold plus full exhaust, converter, wheels, tires I'm guessing a reasonable goal might 11s on motor and 10s spray , my thing is reliability I don't want to throw anything to the motor and be worried about it I have looked at the oil pump gears, half shafts etc, I really want to take care of the weak points to have peace of mind

So that brings me to this with what I've mentioned would 3.15 gears be ok for that type of setup ? This is my first mustang so I'm trying to learn and understand as much as I can

thank you in advance for your time ! :ford::headbang::cheers:
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
3.15's are absolutely fine. With an auto what you should consider is a converter unless a positive displacement or twinscrew blower is in your future.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It's not all about the rear gears...you have to look at the full picture including the gears of the transmission itself.

With steeper gears of the auto you don't need a steep gear out back. Plus the torque converter makesup for alot of that.

OP
OP
tx91_stang

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
Thanks guys! I'm still learning all the little details about this car that's why I trying to take my time and plan it correctly to choose the route I'll be taking

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I mean sure gears will help to a point, but it's all about the combination. If you outgear yourself then you'll make more problems than you solved.

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Calculate what rpm you want to be turning at what speeds and in which gears. Tire height will factor in, as well. Ford offers plenty of ring & pinion ratios to fine tune gearing for your combination & intended use.

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
mine has the 3.15 gears and they work good. when i first got the car i was gonna run 3.73s but not now. my mods are jlt cai and catch can stainless works headers gibson catback cmr tuned shifting at 7250 rpms. oh yeah cat delete. good weather im running 255/45/18 bridgestone potenzas.recently got my throttle body ported and polished.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tx91_stang

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
mine has the 3.15 gears and they work good. when i first got the car i was gonna run 3.73s but not now. my mods are jlt cai and catch can stainless works headers gibson catback cmr tuned shifting at 7250 rpms. oh yeah cat delete. good weather im running 255/45/18 bridgestone potenzas.
Damn that's badass !!

OP
OP
tx91_stang

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
Calculate what rpm you want to be turning at what speeds and in which gears. Tire height will factor in, as well. Ford offers plenty of ring & pinion ratios to fine tune gearing for your combination & intended use.
Thanks I'll keep all this in mind once I start ordering everything !

OP
OP
tx91_stang

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
I mean sure gears will help to a point, but it's all about the combination. If you outgear yourself then you'll make more problems than you solved.
That's what I'm trying to avoid I guess I'll keep them for now work on everything else and see how it responds

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
They did well for me boost and NA
Sponsored