Sponsored

Apple Card

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Anyone doing it yet? Seems fairly legit. I have sooo many friends that pay for everything on a credit card and rake in the perks...I have sooo missed the boat on that one. Still not doing it, but been thinking about it. What's your guys thoughts on this card if you've got one or at least looked into it. All the other conveniences of the card are appealing also. Add to the fact I use Apple Pay anywhere and everywhere it's possible.
Sponsored

shravanj

Threads
Reaction score
Website
shravanj.com
First Name
Shravan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's not that great of a card because of the tiers for cash back. It's 3% cash back for Apple purchases (Apple Store, App Store, iTunes), 2% back for all other purchases via Apple Pay (in-store or in-app), and 1% for all purchases made with the physical card. Apple Pay has pretty strong adoption in the United States, however there are still a lot of places that don't accept it, such as sit down restaurants and large supermarkets such as Wal-Mart. If you are looking for a solid cash back strategy on all of your purchases, the Citi Double Cash card is pretty good since its 2% back on everything (it's called Double Cash since you get 1% back after purchasing and the next 1% after you pay your bill, effectively equaling 2% cash back on every purchase). If you'd like a card that pays more cash back based on certain categories, the Captial One Savor One card is pretty good as it pays 3% cash back for restaurants and entertainment, 2% on grocery, and 1% on everything else. This is just barely scratching the surface, there are tons of rewards cards out there based on what type of rewards you want and what your largest credit expenses are. If you are looking for just plain and simple cash back on everything, Citi Double Cash is a better choice than the Apple Card in my opinion.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I buy a lot of Apple products so the Apple Card made sense for me. I have made $3,400 in the last 2 years using my BOA Premium Visa. I just switched all my auto pay and purchases to the Apple Card to see how they compare after a month or two. Any bill that accepts payment by CC, I do it, everything I buy, I do it. I pay my balance in full every 2 weeks. Never paid 1 cent in fees and made $3,400 in 2 years, not too shabby. I will say, it takes due diligence to succeed without getting into debt or paying interest fees. I practice - if I have the cash to buy it - I use my CC and pay it off every two weeks. This isn't just a buy everything you want type plan, otherwise you're screwed.

I will most likely switch back to my BOA card, as they add 50% bonus when transferring the rewards into my checking or savings and I think this is where the big money comes from. I may end up using the Apple Card for all Apple expenses, purchases, iPhone plans, data plans, iTunes match,.......everthing Apple because the 3% there is pretty good and adds up.
Sponsored