APEX wheel survey to make wide wheels for mustangs

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've seen Forgestar's fail where the center lugs are. Right smack in the middle of the wheel and literally just fly off the car.

I haven't seen an EC-7 do that.

Lightweight does not = high strength and quality manufacturing.

I come from a track focused e46 M3 and never had any issues plowing through curbing with EC-7.

I hope APEX comes through for us!
Forgestars have been used for many many years on heavy cars in races with 1 failure of any substance.

Maintain your wheels, all of them, failures happen to all brands, even the highline stuff.

I'm satisfied with the manufacturing process and failure record of Forgestar, and its something all wheel buyers should research for themselves. ALL brands.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Here's to hoping APEX responds to us Mustang guys with some quality 18x10/11/12s at an affordable price. I'll be in the market next year.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I'd love to get some 18x10's but are they good for daily? Don't the 18's make the 3.73's even shorter?

Who has the best deal on Forgestars or Apex wheels? I'm on 19x8.5 and 19x10's now, but when it comes time to buy new tires IDK which way I'll go.

z3papa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
I'd love to get some 18x10's but are they good for daily? Don't the 18's make the 3.73's even shorter?

Who has the best deal on Forgestars or Apex wheels? I'm on 19x8.5 and 19x10's now, but when it comes time to buy new tires IDK which way I'll go.
I think Apex and the supporting vendors all have the same price for their wheels, probably by contract. The time to get them is when they do a group buy with graduated price reductions and free shipping depending on participation.

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW

I run 295/40-18 R7s square on 18x10 wheels. Tire height is very close to stock so gearing is close to same +/- 3%. Also any slick that is 680 or 690 mm in overall height is close to stock tire diameter.
Steve

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, IIRC they're stopped production, presumably while they transition to the new designs.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
They are doing a pre-order/groip buy for the new wheels but only for the BMW fitment. Nithing in Mustang realm yet.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Alex is useless. They contacted me more than a year ago to do a fitment on my Shelby.

Never came to light.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So dissapointing these EC-7 wheels are not available. If anyone who has APEX 18 x 10 EC-7 wheels in Anthracite and would like to sell them please let me know. I currently have (2) wheels and would like (6) more if possible to have two complete sets. Since it looks like APEX is done making the EC-7 for the Mustang I will have to source them used or buy two full sets of something else to have a track setup I can use. When I bought the two 18 x 10's I have now they were low on stock but no mention that they were going to stop production or I would not have bought the set I have now. I really want to run the 10" square setup and I need at least two sets of wheels that match so I can rotate tires and not worry about the wheels not matching.

If you have them and want to sell them PM me and I will work out a deal with you.

Dave

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Set on ebay in black with 295-35-18 rivals but asking price is 2k.

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just exchanged emails with my buddy over at APEX. He is out on vacation for a week.

I told him that there was increased interest on our forum for their wheels. There is some push back as the BMW market is keeping them busy.

However, he told me that they will get a sponsorship level account on M6G when he returns and he will get the ball rolling.

He told me a while back that a Mustang Group Buy delivery date could be mid March 2017 ETA. This sounds about right if he can do the Group Buy before the end of the year.

I'm in for 2 sets minimum if this happens! We need 100+ sets to get the deepest discount + free shipping.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

:clap2:

Last edited:

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I couldn't wait so I got some CF5's for black friday deal. 18x10 for little over 1000 shipped.

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you everyone for your support. I know that a few of you have already filled out our previous survey hosted on the BMW boards, and we appreciate that. Those submissions in addition to other forms of consistent correspondence from this community played a major factor in our decision to revitalize our Mustang program.

We joined this great forum as site sponsors about 2 weeks ago, and have since launched a thread which calls attention to our new Mustang specific survey. For those of you who have not got a chance to complete this, we would greatly appreciate hearing from you!

Survey Thread

- Ryan
Sponsored