Sponsored

Anyone using the FP shifter?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I used MGW in my last car, but was thinking of maybe just using the FP shifter this time with the Steeda trans bushing and Shifter base bushing kit. I dont have a lot of issue with teh stock shifter, but some shorter throws would be nice, just not sure the MGW is worth the upgrade over the revised 2018+ shifter.

Anyone have any feedback on it?
Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I used MGW in my last car, but was thinking of maybe just using the FP shifter this time with the Steeda trans bushing and Shifter base bushing kit. I dont have a lot of issue with teh stock shifter, but some shorter throws would be nice, just not sure the MGW is worth the upgrade over the revised 2018+ shifter.

Anyone have any feedback on it?
Had this installed yesterday with the Steeda rear bushing. FRP only sent one half isolator bushing for the trans arm (the metal ones) so they had to keep the stock rubber bushing. FRP is sending me the other bushings, but I'm not really interested in dropping the exhaust and DS again just to get that bushing set in.

Regardless, shifter has a solid feel. Sits lower inside the car. Shifts are crisper for sure. For the price it's worth it IMO.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Never owned a Barton or a MGW, but I do have the FR short throw shifter.

I love mine, noticeable difference after install, much shorter throw and crisper shifts at 1/2 the price of the others.
20190217_163428.jpg
Sponsored