Sponsored

Anyone running the Steeda Street shifter?

magnetic16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
I recently picked up a '16 GT after trading in my '14. My '14 wasn't the most pleasurable shifting experience, but I think this one is even worse. The stock shifter has nearly unacceptable amounts of NVH that sounds like a woodpecker underneath my center console upon easy acceleration.

I have settled on a Steeda tri-ax shifter and was curious if anyone opted for the street version over the race kit. This is a daily driver and even during my spirited driving, I rarely exceed 4500 RPMs. While the race shifter is probably a better performance gain, I wouldn't mind saving $300 to place toward something else.

I guess I'm curious if anyone regrets getting the street kit. I know there will be NHV with an aftermarket shifter, but I'm hoping the street kit might be a tad quieter than the race version. I'm also curious if anyone has tried sound deadening to quiet it down a bit in the cabin.
Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
The stock shifter should have no NVH at all. That piece of crap has so many joints and reticulations I can't believe it works in the first place.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Lots of people are using the race

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38693

seems to me [MENTION=11638]PonyGrrrl[/MENTION] got the street just before the race came out and ended up changing to the race.

Isn't' the street just basically a shorter shift lever? Can't see that adding any NVH. with the race if you dynomat it enough, there shouldn't be much additional nvh.

OP
OP

magnetic16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Yes, I believe it is just a shifter arm. I kind of figured springing for the full kit would yield better results. Just thought I'd ask if anyone had experience.

As for the stock NVH, if it's not the shifter, I have no idea what it is. It is certainly transmission related as it is only while the car is under load and in gear and the sound sounds like it's coming from below the toggle switches/climate buttons area. Drives me nuts...

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Got the street for my girls car - she loves it.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Assuming you are talking more about noise than vibration, my tranny made all kinds of wonderful noises when new. It is silent now (minus the thud). I don't remember at around what mileage things quietened down - I want to say somewhere under 5,000 miles.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I had the street shifter and it's a slight improvement over stock. I now have the race shifter and it's a huge improvement over the stock shifter. It's my DD and I would recommend the race shifter over the street shifter for a DD.
Sponsored