Sponsored

Anyone on Koya wheels yet?

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Haha thanks @Burkey , yeah 6mm further out was my calc. So you think that's too aggressive? That'd make it like 3 degrees of camber yeah? Erkan is running that setup (different design, same specs) with a stretched 275 and camber within spec (on sportlines), probably need to see it in person to decide.

I wish they made the wheel in a +45, I'm in love with the design

The VMB9 10.5" +45 in the pdf in my last post is just a little bit more in than the 6GR wheel. A +38 offset will move it 7mm further out which as Burkey says will be about 6mm further out than the 6GR. If they made the wheel with +45 offset you'd be right. Can they not do a custom offset for you?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok Burkey, You're saying 11" +50 is the max yet, in this thread.....
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1581755#post1581755
They're saying 12" +50 works with std camber and Eibach springs and also, if you see the video, air suspension.
Depends how you define "fit"
You're right, they don't rub on the guards but they also stick out well past the guards..
I don't think you'll last long on Aussie roads if your wheel/tyre is hanging out the top of your guard.
Realistically, even the stock wheels, set to -2.2 don't comply (drop plumb-bob from top of guard, bottom of tyre will be outside the line) but you'd be unlucky to get done for it.
I'm not saying they won't "fit", I'm saying they'll most likely get you a defect in record time.
Your money, your call.
:cheers:
IMG_1229.jpg

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
The VMB9 10.5" +45 in the pdf in my last post is just a little bit more in than the 6GR wheel. A +38 offset will move it 7mm further out which as Burkey says will be about 6mm further out than the 6GR. If they made the wheel with +45 offset you'd be right. Can they not do a custom offset for you?
I don't think so, they're Ferrada wheels - FR1. What's confusing me is I'm seeing a bunch more cars posted in which it looks like they fit fine. Man I thought choosing the exhaust was a tough decision haha

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Depends how you define "fit"
You're right, they don't rub on the guards but they also stick out well past the guards..
I don't think you'll last long on Aussie roads if your wheel/tyre is hanging out the top of your guard.
Realistically, even the stock wheels, set to -2.2 don't comply (drop plumb-bob from top of guard, bottom of tyre will be outside the line) but you'd be unlucky to get done for it.
I'm not saying they won't "fit", I'm saying they'll most likely get you a defect in record time.
Your money, your call.
:cheers:
Cheers Burkey,
Ok well I am going to run air suspension and I do tend to run around lower than most peeps.
I'm not so concerned how far out the wheel will sit at stock height or even 25-50mm down because in reality it will spend most of the time at 70mm or lower. So the wheel/tyre will be up inside the guard most of the time.
I think I'll do the air first then start measuring.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers Burkey,
Ok well I am going to run air suspension and I do tend to run around lower than most peeps.
I'm not so concerned how far out the wheel will sit at stock height or even 25-50mm down because in reality it will spend most of the time at 70mm or lower. So the wheel/tyre will be up inside the guard most of the time.
I think I'll do the air first then start measuring.
I think that's a bloody good idea!
Maybe I've spent too long looking at the Yankee cars but some of the stuff they say "fits" isn't what the average Aussie would be expecting.
Example provided.
You'll need to provide your own facepalm sorry.
image.jpeg

Sponsored

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I've spent too long looking at the Yankee cars but some of the stuff they say "fits" isn't what the average Aussie would be expecting.
Example provided.
You'll need to provide your own facepalm sorry.
Yeah I know what you mean. Besides, I think that unless you dump the car, just putting really fat tyres on it just makes it look like a roller skate.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20113]FIXR7[/MENTION] just saw on FB that hypermotive are having 25% off airlift for Black Friday. Now is the time to hit those bags

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks msweet. Where are those guys?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Thanks msweet. Where are those guys?
Somewhere in the states. Ordered my corsa through jayman33 on the forum, was great to deal with. Might be worth sending him a pm, Black Friday is the best time of year to order from over there

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT

That's one of the photos that convinced me to change my order to MRR 350's! LOL! I spent a lot of time working out how different widths and offsets would affect the position of the wheels under the guards.

Paul was very good about it though, got things changed very smoothly.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=25605]slide willie[/MENTION], why is the exhaust at such a weird angle? Does that happen when you air out, or is the exhaust just not on straight?

Got any pics at ride height?

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@slide willie , why is the exhaust at such a weird angle? Does that happen when you air out, or is the exhaust just not on straight?

Got any pics at ride height?
It's poorly made by the look of it.
Sponsored