Sponsored

Anyone not using their dealers Golden Ticket?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Have no source, I just buy and sell cars that’s all I do.
Interesting that you are so adamant about not one dealership in North America being advised that they do not have a CFTP allocation at this time but you have no source to back up your claim?

Not sure what to say after that statement but suggest that the boys at dealerships such as at Galpin Ford and many other reputable and large Ford dealerships pretty well know what is already going on with their CFTP car allocations.

:)

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Galpin reputable?? That has to be the worst dealership in the country, nothing but thieves and idiots working there.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Why do so many threads become pissing matches around here.
Because everybody know somebody that knows about everybody and everything and in the end, most times, but not all the time, nobody actually knows nothing. Or...they all have a piece of the same thing but just do not realize it.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I was just talking with the sales manager at my dealer and he told me that Ford only issued one "golden ticket" allocation in the Charlotte sales region, which my dealer is located in. That brings the odds of getting CFTP option car pretty low in my neck of the woods and I am sure that one car will have an ADM through the roof!
My General Manager was talking with the Ford Performance rep in Detroit sales region, he indicated that he knew of only maybe 1/2 dealers that qualified for the CFTP allocation, so where are the 1200 or so CFTP allocations going????

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
My General Manager was talking with the Ford Performance rep in Detroit sales region, he indicated that he knew of only maybe 1/2 dealers that qualified for the CFTP allocation, so where are the 1200 or so CFTP allocations going????
Who knows, but yes it seems like there might be only one or two available per sales region. Unfortunately I have a feeling there will quite a few folks who have put in an order for CFTP, thinking they have it locked up, and only to find out they don't. My dealer put in an order for two cars under my name, one for a CFTP and a base model just to see which one would fly in the system. Well is it stands right now, the order system has not rejected either one but we already know we don't have a golden ticket...so there ya go for the possibility of mass disappointment.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

I just kind of assumed someone in tech at corporate did this and handed it over to dealer management:

select top 1200 DealerID, DealerName, DealerPhone from Dealers where DealerIsShelbyprogram = true order by DealerSalesTotal desc;

:D

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Canada :)

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Galpin reputable?? That has to be the worst dealership in the country, nothing but thieves and idiots working there.
Galpin has a lot of dealerships in the West and carry a lot of weight with Ford with respect to early allocations and all of the high end cars therefore just used them as an example regarding early allocations from Ford.

Having said that I have to agree with your comments with respect to their business model and ethics as I have had dealings with them in the past and certainly not my type of dealership to work with either.

:)

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
WOW, thats quite a statement. Can you expound on your claim??? The reason I ask is they didn't get to be the "WORLDS LARGEST FORD DEALER" by cheating people. Iam getting my 2020 GT500 from a small dealer who has a great reputation. I just find comments like this quite interesting.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
In before Tom complains about the term "Golden Ticket", lol.
I thought it was my job to carry that torch. Oh well.

This golden ticket stuff is close to going viral.
I said this (and much more) regarding how Ford was marketing the GT500 and how the "Golden Ticket" garbage would piss off prospective buyers. Ignored by many but there was one here that took umbrage with it. And just look how this is playing out...

This is what I was shown pertaining the Golden Ticket
38FD27CE-4602-468A-ADAA-F5FA368A154B.jpeg
Yup, this is what I have seen with respect to the Golden Piss Pass...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

The golden ticket thing is stupid and misleading
It couldn't be more annoying (the HP puzzle runs a close second, weight release third). If this was drummed up by Jim Owens, I'll say it. He's a jackass.

If this has to do with CR's (Carbon Revolution) ability to meet demand and thus a production limit was required, ****ing say it Jimbo. All I've seen since all the CR GT350 wheel hoopla back in 2015 are reports of increased production capacity and expansion in Australia. Millions of dollars from the goverment have been invested to help facilitate growth. Yet I'm still not seeing hordes of manufacturers jumping on the CR bandwagon and I seriously doubt that many are buying one-off CF wheels from CR such they have a limited ability to produce wheels for mass production entities such as FoMoCo.

The GT350R pissed off enough people what with the ridiculous ADM's. We are certainly seeing this with the GT500 already let alone anyone trying to secure a Piss Pass from their local dealer to actually purchase what Ford has been flaunting for months now. It is insulting and makes continued support somewhat difficult. Either make the ****ing car that you advertise available - or don't. And if you are going to require successful completion of various challenges and obstacles in order to even be able to order one (successfully) at least be honest as to why. Enthusiasts are typically the most knowledgeable when it comes to a vehicle purchase and they know when they are being bamboozled. The Willy Wonka solution to a problem that apparently doesn't even exist (awaiting the official explanation) is a kick to the balls that no potential customer should have to endure.

This is a fantastic car. The marketing of it, so far, has been quite the fail.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
It couldn't be more annoying (the HP puzzle runs a close second, weight release third). If this was drummed up by Jim Owens, I'll say it. He's a jackass.

If this has to do with CR's (Carbon Revolution) ability to meet demand and thus a production limit was required, ****ing say it Jimbo. All I've seen since all the CR GT350 wheel hoopla back in 2015 are reports of increased production capacity and expansion in Australia. Millions of dollars from the goverment have been invested to help facilitate growth. Yet I'm still not seeing hordes of manufacturers jumping on the CR bandwagon and I seriously doubt that many are buying one-off CF wheels from CR such they have a limited ability to produce wheels for mass production entities such as FoMoCo.

The GT350R pissed off enough people what with the ridiculous ADM's. We are certainly seeing this with the GT500 already let alone anyone trying to secure a Piss Pass from their local dealer to actually purchase what Ford has been flaunting for months now. It is insulting and makes continued support somewhat difficult. Either make the ****ing car that you advertise available - or don't. And if you are going to require successful completion of various challenges and obstacles in order to even be able to order one (successfully) at least be honest as to why. Enthusiasts are typically the most knowledgeable when it comes to a vehicle purchase and they know when they are being bamboozled. The Willy Wonka solution to a problem that apparently doesn't even exist (awaiting the official explanation) is a kick to the balls that no potential customer should have to endure.

This is a fantastic car. The marketing of it, so far, has been quite the fail.
I agree with you 100 percent. This going to be a fantastic car and I plan to own one. Yes I want the CFTP option, but I am quite certain I will have to and happily settle for a base model. However Ford has been flaunting the CFTP option from the beginning which pushed the demand for that option most certainly. They have known about the ADMs for years and they should have full well known their marketing and allocation strategy will only fuel the ADMs for the CFTP option especially. To me, whether it was intentional or not, Ford is fueling greed.
Sponsored