Sponsored

Anyone not using their dealers Golden Ticket?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Anyone have a Golden Ticket Dealer,? And not ordering the CFTP? I have a Base Red Hot Metallic, Handling Package Recaro’s on order at MSRP,I’m sure order can still be altered, If anyone has a MSRP dealer with the Golden Ticket allocation and not wanting to spend the $90k+ on a CFTP, would you be interested in trading dealers info? Must be a MSRP deal though.
Thanks
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you found someone (unlikely?) - I cant even count the ways this deal could fall through. I'd almost prefer to stick with an MSRP deal from a known dealer than to toss that to the wind for the chance at an MSRP deal from an unknown dealer...who is going to see some guy trading his local allocation to a guy out of town...I don't see this happening.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
If you found someone (unlikely?) - I cant even count the ways this deal could fall through. I'd almost prefer to stick with an MSRP deal from a known dealer than to toss that to the wind for the chance at an MSRP deal from an unknown dealer...who is going to see some guy trading his local allocation to a guy out of town...I don't see this happening.
I really don’t see it happening either, but never hurts to ask, I am hoping that if someone got sticker shock, and wasn’t going to take advantage of that allocation. I’m happy with what I ordered, and the deal I got. Just never hurts to ask.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I echo this as well. I can't imagine a dealer willing to do that for msrp as by now they know they have something that is heavily sought after. So the question begs as to WHY would a dealer do that for MSRP????? Also I have the question of would FORD allow that to happen???? I know dealers have sold their allocations to other Ford dealers but that is NOT the question. Would Ford ALLOW dealers to swap their allocations knowing that one has the 2 options OP is looking for and the other does NOT. And then like you guys said what do you do when somebody else gets involved with more money and steals the deal from you???? Call the dealer back and tell him you want that allocation back now. HA--GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!!!!!!

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I think you guys are misunderstood what I’m looking for. I’m not looking for a dealer to trade allocation, but an individual who has an allocation at a Golden Ticket dealer that maybe could not afford the CFTP

Sponsored

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Honestly this all worked out at 2am this morning after a double shift at work!! Lol I’m starting to see some holes in my plan! Lol

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Anyone have a Golden Ticket Dealer,? And not ordering the CFTP? I have a Base Red Hot Metallic, Handling Package Recaro’s on order at MSRP,I’m sure order can still be altered, If anyone has a MSRP dealer with the Golden Ticket allocation and not wanting to spend the $90k+ on a CFTP, would you be interested in trading dealers info? Must be a MSRP deal though.
Thanks
Golden ticket, don't get me started.

The allocation does not belong to you. It belongs to the dealer. You can't trade them, or sell them. Flat out the car isn't yours until you sign for it and tender payment.

Stop this nonsense.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)

The allocation does not belong to you. It belongs to the dealer. You can't trade them, or sell them. Flat out the car isn't yours until you sign for it and tender payment.

Stop this nonsense.
I understand the allocation doesn’t belong to you,

Stop this nonsense.
I realize I didn’t explain this well as I was trying to keep it short as possible on the original post, I’ll try again. I know the allocation belongs to the dealer not the individual. Somewhere I’m sure a person has 1st spot to use the dealers allocation to purchase a 2020 GT500 and has had this agreement with dealer months ago. Let’s say said dealer has the ability, the “Golden Ticket Allocation”, to order the CFTP, but now that pricing has come out the individual who had 1st option to order says “I can’t afford a $100k car” and only can order the base unit at said dealer with Golden Ticket Allocation. Now “me” I can afford a $100k car but my dealer, where I have 1st use of their allocation, has no Golden Ticket. What I was asking if person that could only afford Base unit would exchange dealer information and with dealer permission of course, allow me to use his dealer with the “Golden Ticket Allocation” where he had 1st right to order but can’t afford the CFTP, but I can. He could use my dealer to order his base, witch is only what my dealer can order because no “ Golden Ticket”. I am only mentioning MSRP as that’s what my agreement is and would only exchange dealer info with said person at said dealer with Golden Ticket have a MSRP deal in place also.
I guarantee there will be people out there that have agreements in place for orders with large dealerships with the Golden Ticket Allocation and can not afford the CFTP option.
Sorry for any confusion and I hope I explained this better.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I understand the allocation doesn’t belong to you,

...I guarantee there will be people out there that have agreements in place for orders with large dealerships with the Golden Ticket Allocation and can not afford the CFTP option.
Sorry for any confusion and I hope I explained this better.
Understood. The issue is, the dealers have not officially been awarded a definitive allocation of Base or CFTP units...yet. So even if you are #1 in line at your dealer and ordered a CFTP unit, there is no guarantee that dealer will be awarded that vehicle spec at the moment. Make sense?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Understood. The issue is, the dealers have not officially been awarded a definitive allocation of Base or CFTP units...yet. So even if you are #1 in line at your dealer and ordered a CFTP unit, there is no guarantee that dealer will be awarded that vehicle spec at the moment. Make sense?
Yes they have. Dealers know what they have. They were told just before the order banks opened. The allocations are in the computer and anyone who ordered a CFTP and it was accepted by the ordering system will get one, unless there was some kind of mistake. People have alreday reported that the computer wouldn't accept thier order for either painted stripes or a CFTP. That's because they didn't have the allocation.

My point was that anyone who made a deal for a CFTP, made a deal between them and the dealership. No dealership in thier right mind would let a person swap allocations for many reasons..... The biggest one is that the CFTP packages are going for large ADMs. Next, most have lists for these cars. You back out or not complete the deal, next on the list.

That's the way it works. Plain and simple, you don't just swap allocations or places in line like this.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Yes they have. Dealers know what they have. They were told just before the order banks opened. The allocations are in the computer and anyone who ordered a CFTP and it was accepted by the ordering system will get one, unless there was some kind of mistake. People have alreday reported that the computer wouldn't accept thier order for either painted stripes or a CFTP. That's because they didn't have the allocation.

My point was that anyone who made a deal for a CFTP, made a deal between them and the dealership. No dealership in thier right mind would let a person swap allocations for many reasons..... The biggest one is that the CFTP packages are going for large ADMs. Next, most have lists for these cars. You back out or not complete the deal, next on the list.

That's the way it works. Plain and simple, you don't just swap allocations or places in line like this.
When people who "ordered" the CFTP are told they have to change to a base or wait because the dealer was not awarded that spec...disappointment will ensue.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
When people who "ordered" the CFTP are told they have to change to a base or wait because the dealer was not awarded that spec...disappointment will ensue.
I think I see what you are saying...... I assume when you say "ordered" you are speaking of informing the dealership of what car you would like. When I speak of "order", I speak of physically putting the order into the computer to place the order.

Yes, people could and have made agreements to buy a CFTP or painted on stripes with thier local dealerships some time ago. However allocations were not awarded until just prior to the order banks opening. So, Joe Blow makes a deal with a smaller dealership to purchase a CFTP and puts a deposit down. The dealership gladly takes the deposit and now both parties wait for more information from Ford. The order banks open, and Joe Blow begins to spec his car to include the CFTP. The dealer goes to the computer and tries to order the car, but the computer won't accept the order. Now all of a sudden Joseph Blow is informed that Ford denied or turned down his order for a CFTP. Next Joe stops by this forum and tells everyone that his dealership didn't have a golden ticket and Ford turned him down. When all along, the dealership had no idea whether they had an allocation for this car to begin with way back when Joe Blow stopped by the dealership and put a deposit down for a CFTP.

People who are complaining are people who don't understand the system. This is a limited supply vehicle that is allocated based upon sales performance. Back in '16, any dealer could go to the computer and order an allocated car. The order would never get pulled for build because the dealership was never allocated that car. Ford fixed the problem of false orders by programming the allocations into the computer. If you dont have an allocation, you cant order the car. The reason people's orders are not being accepted is because there is no allocation for what they are asking for. The dealers usually at that point go to the regional rep and ask for the allocation and sometimes yes, but usually no. The best a dealer could hope for at this point is a surplus or lottery allocation.

Either way, if you are buying from a dealer who doesn't have the allocation, then disappointment will ensue.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I think I see what you are saying...... I assume when you say "ordered" you are speaking of informing the dealership of what car you would like. When I speak of "order", I speak of physically putting the order into the computer to place the order.

Yes, people could and have made agreements to buy a CFTP or painted on stripes with thier local dealerships some time ago. However allocations were not awarded until just prior to the order banks opening. So, Joe Blow makes a deal with a smaller dealership to purchase a CFTP and puts a deposit down. The dealership gladly takes the deposit and now both parties wait for more information from Ford. The order banks open, and Joe Blow begins to spec his car to include the CFTP. The dealer goes to the computer and tries to order the car, but the computer won't accept the order. Now all of a sudden Joseph Blow is informed that Ford denied or turned down his order for a CFTP. Next Joe stops by this forum and tells everyone that his dealership didn't have a golden ticket and Ford turned him down. When all along, the dealership had no idea whether they had an allocation for this car to begin with way back when Joe Blow stopped by the dealership and put a deposit down for a CFTP.

People who are complaining are people who don't understand the system. This is a limited supply vehicle that is allocated based upon sales performance. Back in '16, any dealer could go to the computer and order an allocated car. The order would never get pulled for build because the dealership was never allocated that car. Ford fixed the problem of false orders by programming the allocations into the computer. If you dont have an allocation, you cant order the car. The reason people's orders are not being accepted is because there is no allocation for what they are asking for. The dealers usually at that point go to the regional rep and ask for the allocation and sometimes yes, but usually no. The best a dealer could hope for at this point is a surplus or lottery allocation.

Either way, if you are buying from a dealer who doesn't have the allocation, then disappointment will ensue.
Thats the exact boat I find myself in. Wanting to spend $10 Grand and hoping it still happens but starting to lose hope in some ways. Too much money chasing too little product.
Sponsored