Sponsored

Seat memory

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue
Just something I noticed. When I turn the car off, it does the easy exit which is nice and the seat automatically slides back. However sometimes when I get in and turn the car on, the seats doesn’t slide to my saved position (position 1 on the memory). It does most of the time, just not every time, so I have to press the one for the seat to adjust. Just curious if anyone knows why not a big deal.

My commute is a 1.5 miles, but I can’t help but take this out after work everyday, a blast to drive!
Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Just something I noticed. When I turn the car off, it does the easy exit which is nice and the seat automatically slides back. However sometimes when I get in and turn the car on, the seats doesn’t slide to my saved position (position 1 on the memory). It does most of the time, just not every time, so I have to press the one for the seat to adjust. Just curious if anyone knows why not a big deal.

My commute is a 1.5 miles, but I can’t help but take this out after work everyday, a blast to drive!
Does anyone else drive it and have a saved memory? It goes to the last memory used.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

When I first got my used 2018, my seat was doing the same thing. I took it to the dealership among some other things and the tech said he ran some diagnostics and didn't see a problem and then it's worked perfectly ever since. I'm guessing that doing a hard reset of all of the seat settings was part of the diagnostics.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Are you using the same key every time? They can be set for key 1 or 2.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dmustang82

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you using the same key every time? They can be set for key 1 or 2.
I use the same key everytime. I had no idea I could make 1 fob key 1 and another 2. I’ll have to spend some more time with the owners manual.

OP
OP
Dmustang82

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone else drive it and have a saved memory? It goes to the last memory used.
That’s kinda the problem. Every so often, it doesn’t move to the last setting.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Damn spoiled Mach1 guys, every time I take mine in for service, the 6 foot plus mechanic guy readjusts my manual Recaros. I have no memory... wish me luck!
You also have rev-matching... spoiled little bastards!

BASTARDS DISCLAIMER
Sorry... we 350 owners get bare bones constantly. We’re used to it and kind of enjoy it! You guys have all the perks!

OP
OP
Dmustang82

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn spoiled Mach1 guys, every time I take mine in for service, the 6 foot plus mechanic guy readjusts my manual Recaros. I have no memory... wish me luck!
You also have rev-matching... spoiled little bastards!

BASTARDS DISCLAIMER
Sorry... we 350 owners get bare bones constantly. We’re used to it and kind of enjoy it! You guys have all the perks!
I never understood why Recaros couldn’t be powered.

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
Talking about seats.... I ordered mine with the heated and cooled leather seats. Not a track guy and I am a little too rotund (from what I am told) for the recaro option. I know the driver side has lumbar and more adjustment than the passenger side but is the passenger seat comfortable and supportive? I ask because my goal is to take the car on a lot of country cruises and my wife has a little trouble with her lower back. Feedback appreciated!

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Any chance that you may have inadvertently touched one of the seat adjustment buttons while the car was parked? Say, when vacuuming/cleaning the interior? If you do, then the easy entry feature won't work the next time you start the car.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I never understood why Recaros couldn’t be powered.
I've had a few conversations about this lately - in euro zone they are (on the later builds), but it seems they don't do that option for the home market ... :frown:

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I don't really understand all the fuss - I pretty much set it and forget about it lol.

I don't have a second driver so the only person moving the seat is me (for cleaning) and maybe Ford during service - but they didn't move it on the one time it has been in.

WD :like:

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
If you're putting any kind of resistance on the seat (engaging clutch or brake pedal) the seat will not move (guessing the motor detects the resistance). With my manual I either press the memory button or push the start button since I can't quite reach the clutch pedal to fully start the car.
Sponsored