Sponsored

Anyone know differences between MRR M600 and P51?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I'm stumped - can't find a thread on here or for that matter anything on the web that explains differences. They look near identical to me but presumably aren't, and the M600 appears cheaper by a good margin. :shrug:

Hopefully one of our wheels afficionados will chime in but grateful for advice from anyone who knows.
Sponsored

ShadowS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
There are some design differences and the P51 is a few lbs lighter
The P51s are more concave and look better because of it in my opinion. I just made this discovery last night and am in the process of seeing if I can switch from the m600 that I ordered to the P51s. Frustrating because I was going to go with the P51s at first but switched due to pricing. I'd rather pay more for what I want.

James_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG 5.0
They look identical but P51 i was reading is a lot better in quality and they are a few lbs lighter.
I’m about to pull the trigger also on these better.
MRR are cheaper but you get what you pay for.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm stumped - can't find a thread on here or for that matter anything on the web that explains differences. They look near identical to me but presumably aren't, and the M600 appears cheaper by a good margin. :shrug:

Hopefully one of our wheels afficionados will chime in but grateful for advice from anyone who knows.
Hello Yes the price is dropped dramatically and this has to do with only two reasons, 1 there are 2 other companies with the same wheel model competing for the same market/ if you see our thread history we where the first to come out with the GT style wheel for mustangs in fact other brands simply piggy backed and followed the same identical specs we did, the price dropped is not do to quality is do to giving you members a better priced point do to a saturated market.

There are some design differences and the P51 is a few lbs lighter
yes the other wheel is slightly different in design
and the last time I had one in our office it is about 1lb lighter

The P51s are more concave and look better because of it in my opinion. I just made this discovery last night and am in the process of seeing if I can switch from the m600 that I ordered to the P51s. Frustrating because I was going to go with the P51s at first but switched due to pricing. I'd rather pay more for what I want.
Our M600 is not for everyone we hope to gain you as a client some day as we will still be here for you in the future :thumbsup:

They look identical but P51 i was reading is a lot better in quality and they are a few lbs lighter.
I’m about to pull the trigger also on these better.
MRR are cheaper but you get what you pay for.
Hello well lets take a few steps back before calling our wheels cheap.
Cheap in price yes and only the M600/ remember we are MRR wheels and we have been making wheels well over 15 years/ we have been on the forums helping member out for 3 years now/ we slap our brand and our name on our product, some brands are not even brands and simply have a retailer represent them on the side so no one knows who they really are/ in other words some will disappear as soon as the next mustang7g comes around. our wheels are 100% flow form constructed, light weight , tested and come with a full life time structure warranty in other words here is a chance for members to get a great quality flow form wheel at a low cost from a reputable brand.

now if any of you would like to experience it then DM me and ill get a special price out for you.

for those still by the wall here is a list of wheel brands that have the same wheel.

MRR Wheels

LMR

P51

Sponsored

ShadowS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our M600 is not for everyone we hope to gain you as a client some day as we will still be here for you in the future :thumbsup:
Thanks Carlos I would definitely consider MRR in the future. The M600, M350 and P51 wheels all are perfect for the S550 in my opinion. I was considering all those wheels but had to go with the most concave.

For me it was all about styling. MRR has a great reputation from my extensive research and I would trust them to take care of any issues that arise from their wheels.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks Carlos I would definitely consider MRR in the future. The M600, M350 and P51 wheels all are perfect for the S550 in my opinion. I was considering all those wheels but had to go with the most concave.

For me it was all about styling. MRR has a great reputation from my extensive research and I would trust them to take care of any issues that arise from their wheels.
No problem buddy and thank you !!. if you ever have a question or need anything feel free to contact me

James_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG 5.0
Let me explain the situation,
I bought some MRR 228’s from Need4Speed a couple years back from this so called guy
that said he invented the wheels for MRR. Waited 4 months for them, ok got them.
Week later the paint start to peel all over the place. Fine. It got it changed because i had to buy another one. 1 month later same issue same problem. Then i find out that other Camaro guys where having the same problem. I ended up getting rid of them and bought HRE Wheels better.
I know these are made in China and are affordable wheels for the consumers, but at least
get the finish to last and be durable.

Just the other day a member said the same issue with his custom finish.

I’m saying you get what you paid and lesson learned.

P51 are lighter, and a slight more but worth it.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I bought some MRR 228’s from Need4Speed a couple years back from this so called guy
that said he invented the wheels for MRR. Waited 4 months for them, ok got them.
Week later the paint start to peel all over the place. Fine. It got it changed because i had to buy another one. 1 month later same issue same problem. Then i find out that other Camaro guys where having the same problem. I ended up getting rid of them and bought HRE Wheels better.
I know these are made in China and are affordable wheels for the consumers, but at least

wow, .... well I would recommend all members to visit the Camaro forum
which is www.Camaro6.com and check out our reputation on that as well, on point 5 stars no issues or problems for over 5 years.

I do have to say Im not familiar with your situation/ if a color was done by the vendor or anything/ infact the funny part is that our M228 is still one of the hottest sellers for the Camaro community and we had nothing but great response, I am sorry if your experience was not as great for you. and yes like ive always said the other brand you mention that starts with a H I personally respect because through out there years in the business they have accomplished what many brands have been trying to accomplish but is only attained by experience and years of commitment . so great choice by going with the H :cheers:

ShadowS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Which HREs did you get? Were you happy with them?

Sponsored

James_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG 5.0
Which HREs did you get? Were you happy with them?
Had P101 satin black finish!
Was a great 19lbs wheel for track use.
Think maybe the same model on the 5.0.
Idk yet.

At the moment maybe going to do a Turbo or SC.
Not to sure.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Not the first time i hear about paint quality issues from MMR wheels to be honest.
I would get P51's. Lighter, more concave, good quality paint. Last time i got a quote for the P51's they weren't that much pricier than the M600's. Contact Josh [MENTION=11223]GetYourWheels[/MENTION] for a really good price on P51's. He was the cheapest quote when i was looking to purchase new wheels.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not the first time i hear about paint quality issues from MMR wheels to be honest.
Hell, it’s not even the first time I’ve read the vendor say he’s never heard of the guy’s problem before.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hell, it’s not even the first time I’ve read the vendor say he’s never heard of the guy’s problem before.
well Im the vendor not sure what you mean, ..
We handle all of our warranty claims directly from MRR to the client, we keep a record of where the wheels where purchased from/ when they where purchased from, if there was a replacement we follow through with it, what I fins odd is people that are talking about our finish dont have our wheels on at all, we would know about it. also what some may not understand is that many shops take the initiative to powder coat or paint wheels through a painter that is charging them less and have the work done through a shop that is not associated with MRR next thing you know the paint chips/ or flakes and the only thing the customer understands is that the logo on the wheel says MRR.

We have our own in house powder coating department that is well over 100 grand in investment you know how easy it is for us to simply redo a wheel, my god just for example our FS line up which retails for 2100-2800.00 a set depending on the custom finish go's from Raw to fully CNC and custom painted all with in 7 days max. is a lot of time and money on both the customers side and MRR which is why we take good care of our end users.

is just the truth, I always welcome customers to go into public forums
example Camaro5 and Camaro 6 check out how many satisfied customers we have literally hundreds with in just one forum and out of those hundreds youll see maybe 5-10 customers that either had a shipping issues, or some type of manufacturing defect which at the end we took good care of.

for those who are actual purchasing customers we got your back
for those speaking for others who are sponsored i get it your doing your part.
and for those who do have a problem ive always made it clear that forum members can not help you or get you a new wheel but guess who can...? Me :thumbsup: in which i represent MRR Wheels.

For those who have read this much stay posted we are about to give away a total of 5 sets of wheels for the holidays so some of you will have a little extra under your Christmas tree :D