Sponsored

Anyone had this issue with a S550, starting.

rich_gt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Gt350 , 2016 Ford Mustang Gt
I need some advice. I have a 2016 GT and it like others has the push button start. At times it will not start. I usually happens after I have been driving and I shut it off for a few minutes. I push in the clutch and push the start button and nothing except a single click noise from the dash. let it sit for about 3 to 5 minutes and it will crank right up. Anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rich_gt350

rich_gt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I Just but a brand new ford battery in it and it still does it

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Rich, just spit balling here, can you hear the fuel pump prime on these occasions, for instance clutch all the way to the floor fuel pump primes then it clicks and doesn't start, or do you not hear the fuel pump at all?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
my 17 has struggled to start at times. ill drive it for awhile stop at the store come back out like 5 min later and try to start it up but mine cranks just never fires. let it sit a little longer and itll start right up. super weird.

OP
OP
rich_gt350

rich_gt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
when I push the clutch all the way to the floor and push start it only clicks in the dash, it doesn't turn over or anything just that click. I have replaced both clutch pedal switches too. at this point I am going to swap out the start button. as far as a pattern it may do it every 10 hot starts (never cold) then it may be every other hot start. I even replaced the starter solenoid. The dealer is about useless when you ask them. I own a body shop and deal with dealers everyday and they all say bring it to us and we can diagnose it when it does it. but we all know it wont do it for them (lol) and they will keep it a month.
Sponsored