Sponsored

Anyone else want to delete the sound tube?

nak302

Threads
Reaction score
thanks heaps Tim :clap2:
from what i see in your pic, it's basically an induction noise reducer? we had them on our imported (to us anyway lol) 5.0's back in the mid nineties.
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
"Sound Attenuation Tube" <<<just came back to me. I'm not sure how they 'pipe' sound into the cabin, I assume it is run through a isolation chamber with a membrane that isn't actually pumping the actual contents of the air tube into the cabin and only creating a 'speaker' that amplifies desired sound LOL.

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
thanks heaps Tim :clap2:
from what i see in your pic, it's basically an induction noise reducer? we had them on our imported (to us anyway lol) 5.0's back in the mid nineties.
Its more of an induction noise channeler that shunts air intake noise into the cabin. It has a box on it packed with some material that I would assume is to keep anything from getting into the air intake from the cabin and has no sound deadening under the hood. Its strictly to produce more engine noise in the cabin. I find it cheesy, it clutters up the engine bay as well. I'd rather hear the exhaust and I will be deleting mine as soon as possible.

nak302

Threads
Reaction score
ok, so it's the opposite of what i thought, as in making the induction noise louder but only inside the cabin. cheesy is a good word for it then :crazy: :D

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok, so it's the opposite of what i thought, as in making the induction noise louder but only inside the cabin. cheesy is a good word for it then :crazy: :D
^ This about sums it up.

Sponsored

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I've never heard one. Seems like it would be a good thing though, hearing more engine noise. But it doesn't seem like it's a big hit with everyone.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They got it all backwards with the stupid sound tube. You make it louder inside by making it louder outside.. If I'm gonna hear more of my engine so are my neighbors

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
They got it all backwards with the stupid sound tube. You make it louder inside by making it louder outside.. If I'm gonna hear more of my engine so are my neighbors
I have followed that logic for many years.:headbang:

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
They might have a microphone in the EcoBoost sound tube to assist with the active noise reconfiguration.

They are cancelling certain unwanted sounds while passing others. They want to fill the interior with the sound of a big throaty engine rather than the sound of a clattering turbo 4

Unlike the last generation, ripping the tube out may increase sound by screwing up the cancellation logic.

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
I took the foam out of mine on my 2011 not long after I got it. It might be cheesy, but I thought it was pretty cool actually. It was fine with the stock intake, when I switched to the JLT it was terrible. I even took the rubber diaphragm out once just to see how the sound was. Of course it threw a lean code, but daaaaaaaaaang that was killer. Thinking just before I get an intake this time, I might tap the sound tube into the stock air box, see if I can recreate that sound without throwing a code.
Sponsored