Sponsored

Anyone else keeping their S550 at/near stock?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Not my mustang, but kind of a related story. I put a 3" lift and 33" tires on my Jeep TJ when I first bought it in '02. I proceeded to break the rear axle shaft and distort the axle tubes trying to limp it out of a rocky trail. Took it to the dealer for evaluation and they covered a whole new axle assembly. I couldn't believe it, betting they liked getting paid for warranty work just as much as anything.
Having said that, I highly doubt I'd get anything drivetrain related warrantied from my Ford dealer with a supercharger installed. Knock on wood that I never have to find out that bad news.
I have owned four Wranglers ( one TJ ) and was told by the service depts that anything more than a 33 inch wheel would not be covered under warranty. Looks like you cemented that notion.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Mine is COMPLETELY stock...............EXCEPT for ALL of the things in my signature. :headbang::cheers:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If you're nervous, just do lots of research. Plan your mods to match your goals, rather than doing what's popular (sometimes those align, sometimes they don't).
This ↑↑↑ . . . and give yourself enough time driving it around in 100% stock configuration to realize which things align and which things don't. Buy in haste, repent at leisure, or something like that . . .

Me? If I had an S550 on order today, I'd already be planning on wheels (wider), tires (ditto), adjustable shocks & struts, adjustable sta-bars front and rear), slightly different alignment specs, and probably some of the items for more accurate rear wheel control. Outside chance of an X-pipe. IOW, the same basic path I've taken with the '08, which went 8 years on the OE springs before I swapped-in something stiffer, and over 9 years before seriously considering an aftermarket shifter or touching the exhaust system at all.

Because even though I'd expect to still have the '08 for the track, I'd want those mods even for a car I might never take out on the track because I already know I'd want it to drive that way.

Norm

Last edited:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Mods are definitely expensive unless you are sponsored. IMO, most people add power before suspension and brakes. I believe this is a big no no. If you can't make that power stable and can't stop, what good is the car?

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Other than a trunk mat, some new floor mats, and some license plate frames, staying completely stock.

AGM2018

If I were to purchase an 18 GT with the PP, the only modifications would be a cat back exhaust of my sound preference, a drop in AEM air filter and perhaps, a set of Ford Racing lowering springs. In my opinion, those minor modifications would be the only necessary additions to make the car a great daily driver and a capable track car. Oh, and like xDUMPWEEDx, a nice trunk mat and a set of floor mats would be added as well!

flasch192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT 93 cobra
I must have a real issues then ........
ford performance sport cat back
ford performance PP2
steeda jack rails
steeda clutch spring
steeda trans mount
Roush wheels
next up bmr lockout

I don't even have a 1000 miles on the car yet ...

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have only done. Roush cold air intake, Corsa catback exhaust, Steeda stop hop kit. That is about it. The only reason. I already 3 mustangs 1 is an 8 second race car, and my 2nd fastest car is my 2000 SVT Lightning which has some work done to it. Including a 2.3 whipple. My last mustang is a 1981 that I am restoring.

So I don't need a fast S550 right now

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Springs, tires, wheels, but everything else is Ford. Brembos and PP2 because you can not get an auto trans with Brembos until 2018.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Oh no... It's started... I just order Steeda Jacking Rails!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Oh no... It's started... I just order Steeda Jacking Rails!
Jacking rails means its easier to jack up the car to do more mods! :D:cheers:

Static_LV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP, 1969 Mustang Coupe
Mine will be mostly stock for the foreseeable future due to Autocross rules.
Sponsored