Sponsored

Anyone else feel the word meme is now being attached to everything like HD was years ago?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I been noticing the word meme is being attached to everything. Meme video, meme coins, meme people even... seems like everyone is using it to get attention to what ever and it almost always makes its way into every thing I read from government to finance to just what ever. Just like HD was years back. Hell there was HD cereal to HD cars, basically it was on about everything.

I guess the only way it could be used in the car world is with the Mach-e ... if ever there was a meme car.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
"Meme" originally referred to any transferable element of cultural expression. An image, a song, a quote, a fashion trend, and yes, even a car, can all be a "meme". For a while the term referred to any image with text intended for humorous purpose (actual definition: image macro). If anything, the current trend toward labeling everything a meme is actually returning to the original definition of the word. It has picked up an additional connotation that the subject is, intentionally or otherwise, to be taken humorously.
Thank you professor Mik. :like:🙂

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
"Meme" originally referred to any transferable element of cultural expression. An image, a song, a quote, a fashion trend, and yes, even a car, can all be a "meme". For a while the term referred to any image with text intended for humorous purpose (actual definition: image macro). If anything, the current trend toward labeling everything a meme is actually returning to the original definition of the word. It has picked up an additional connotation that the subject is, intentionally or otherwise, to be taken humorously.
Lol yes yes I know it's meaning. But now it's trendy to just label everything a meme. Accurate or not. I mean cant still just call everybody idiot along with other not PC names even if accurate.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

Sponsored

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
Did someone read The Selfish Gene? A big Dawkins guy perhaps?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So organic gluten-free HD Memes then?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Last edited:
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Schrodinger's Egg?
This image is actually a standardized screening tool for the social cognitive processing of what others are thinking called the Sally-Anne Test. The social cognitive concept, theory of mind is the developmental process in which at a certain age the child should be able to interpret the actions of others from the image and be able to make an accurate assessment as to what the others in the image should know if they were to “step into their shoes .” A basic form of mind reading so to speak. This screening tool is a meme with a relevant cultural context. In reflecting on the discussion of memes, I suspect that the increased popularity in memes is more than just a fad but that theory of mind is heavily involved in our fascination. Certain memes (the 2 women and a cat comes to mind) seem to be highly favored and successful over others. These popular types have a significant cultural relevance, but more importantly there is social relevance in which the viewer has to be able to appreciate the social context displayed in the image. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored