Sponsored

Anyone else feel the word meme is now being attached to everything like HD was years ago?

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
When I read HD meme, I just think in 6 months there will be an HD Vision Special Ops Meme commercial on at 11:30pm when I'm trying to watch Star Trek reruns.
"Use the power of the Special Forces in this HD Vision Special Ops Meme Maker, used by the men and woman of our Special Forces to send memes to each other while patrolling for terrorists!"

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
That like a Voight-Kampff test?
In the sense that at some level empathy is being examined, then yes and absolutely. Empathy is required to “pass” the Voight-Kampff test in order to distinguish between humans and replicants. If such a test existed in our present time, the examiner would be able to distinguish between neuro-typical social cognition and autistic spectrum social cognition. The Sally-Anne test also allows the examiner to distinguish the same categories of social cognition. The difference between the two tests is clearly the methods of the exams. Cool stuff really. :like:

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
In the sense that at some level empathy is being examined, then yes and absolutely. Empathy is required to “pass” the Voight-Kampff test in order to distinguish between humans and replicants. If such a test existed in our present time, the examiner would be able to distinguish between neuro-typical social cognition and autistic spectrum social cognition. The Sally-Anne test also allows the examiner to distinguish the same categories of social cognition. The difference between the two tests is clearly the methods of the exams. Cool stuff really. :like:
I had a Fortune teller at a Carnival ask if I was a Psychopath because she saw strange things in my reading. Is that the same thing? Anyway the hot girl I was with believed her and wouldn't go on a second date with me LOL.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I had a Fortune teller at a Carnival ask if I was a Psychopath because she saw strange things in my reading. Is that the same thing? Anyway the hot girl I was with believed her and wouldn't go on a second date with me LOL.
Next time save your money, no need to have someone expose you in front of a potential date. But look on the bright side, maybe that fortune teller saved that woman's life. JK 🤔😅

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
@Briebee72, Psychopathy also known as Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD) is a complex topic in and of itself. One of the traits of APD is a lack of remorse not a lack of empathy. In fact high functioning individuals with APD exhibit a superficial charm and can read the emotions of others and will use their charm to manipulate others. The lack of empathy is a trait that is found in Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). Going a little further with this discussion, Machiavellianism (Machs) is not a personality disorder, but a distinct cluster of personality traits that includes indifference towards morality and a socially manipulative nature. High functioning Machs are quite uncaring and deceitful. These 3 personality types/styles comprise what is called the Dark Triad and are best seen as a continuum and blending of unhealthy character traits. Unfortunately these types of individuals gravitate towards leadership roles of all varieties as well as roles of publicity and/or notoriety. One final comment, more recent research has expanded the triad to a tetrad. The addition of the Sadist. This addition is not the sexual sadist, but everyday sadism in which those with these personality traits have a distinct level of satisfaction in harming others psychologically, physically, and/or socially. They will carry out such satisfaction just for the sake of some level of enjoyment. When you begin to add up the possible prevalence of 4 categories of personality clusters, you can see that the percentage in societies as a whole is significant compared to just focusing on the prevalence of psychopathy or APD alone. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored