dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Kind of... I sort of cheated though.
When I got the car in August of '19, I spent an entire week-end doing paint correction/protection using the method used by Matt Moreman of Obsessed Garage:

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/pages/the-cars-ford-mustang-gt350

He is a great wealth of detail knowledge!

In September of '20, I decided to try Chemical Guys "Hydro Slick Ceramic Coating Hyperwax":

I can not believe how nothing sticks to the finish dirt wise... it is reported to last for 12 months.
Professional ceramic coatings can reportedly last for 3 years or more.
The Chemical Guys ceramic stuff only cost $39.99 and was easy to apply.
So far.... me likey!!!!!!

Last edited:

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
yes. I can't remember the brand but I spent the greater part of a Saturday doing the whole car through all the steps. It looked great for a few days and then my car got dirty and I washed it (using the correct soap). The water beaded up etc like it is supposed to but it's not like the car was super glossy after that. After about 4 months the water didn't bead up. YMMV but to me, it wasn't worth the effort in terms of looks.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
I did mine with CarPro UK 3.0 with a top coat of Gliss. The car only had around 1k miles when I did it, so there was no need for polishing and most of the prep that would normally be needed. Took a weekend with about 10 hours on Sat for the wash and prep then two coats of UK 3.0. Sunday was another 4-5 hours for the Gliss top coat. Turned out great!

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0005.jpeg

After a couple months:
IMG_0119.jpeg

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I did mine with CarPro UK 3.0 with a top coat of Gliss. The car only had around 1k miles when I did it, so there was no need for polishing and most of the prep that would normally be needed. Took a weekend with about 10 hours on Sat for the wash and prep then two coats of UK 3.0. Sunday was another 4-5 hours for the Gliss top coat. Turned out great!
How do you like Gliss compared to other sealants as top coats?

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
How do you like Gliss compared to other sealants as top coats?
I've been doing the sealant plus a wax top coat for years. Never had a problem with that combo but I did need to reapply once a year or so. Mainly used Klasse AIO for the sealant and Collinite 845 for the wax.

This was the first time I've tried a ceramic coating. Application took longer due to working in smaller patches and needing to be more methodical.

As for the Gliss top coat; it really is as slick and smooth like many people out there have mentioned. I would definitely recommend adding the Gliss top coat if you're going the ceramic route. Base ceramic coat is smooth, but the Gliss takes that up several notches.

I went the ceramic route with this car because it's supposed to last for years vs months. Also wanted to try something new.

I've read many times that putting a wax or sealant top coat on ceramic is not a good thing. The surface is so slick already that waxes and sealants won't hold properly. Hazing and cloudiness can occur.

It's only been 3~ months since I applied the coating to the Mustang. So I have no long term info to give. That said, it's been holding up really well. The car has been snowed on and shit on. Both of those came off easily.

I should have noted that the last pic I posted was in the rain. It just starts to beed then gravity takes it away. It's very slick.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I did a full paint correction followed by Adam’s ceramic on my 06. Worked and looked great! I also did my new 2019 GT with Armor Shield, as it was reviewed really well. So far very happy with it (about 6 months in).

Did my mom’s and dads car with that too and theirs look fantastic. Much easier to wash as the water and dirt seems to fall right off.
Sponsored