FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like it would be very easy for Ford to put a software setting in the audio options to allow the owner to turn the center speaker on or off as desired. I don't understand why they don't do this, but then again, half the decisions Ford makes are not the decisions I would make.
I mean ,is it easy for an electronic button to disable a single speaker? I wouldn't think it would be easy, I could be wrong and probably am, but I figure a switch is cheaper option. circuitry to enable on off would prob cost $$ for r/d
Sponsored

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
I’m curious about the center speaker making the system sound bad, and if this would be the same case if a good quality speaker were used in a well-tuned system? I’m running 3-way active right now and I have an extra open channel in my TwK. I thought about using it to add the center channel back with a Hertz Mille pro 70.3 (same speakers used for mid range in the doors).

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I’m curious about the center speaker making the system sound bad, and if this would be the same case if a good quality speaker were used in a well-tuned system? I’m running 3-way active right now and I have an extra open channel in my TwK. I thought about using it to add the center channel back with a Hertz Mille pro 70.3 (same speakers used for mid range in the doors).
Generally speaking, music enthusiasts prefer high quality stereo sound, as in left and right channels. A center speaker is neither and is often considered detrimental to the stereo soundstage. You'll rarely find an audiophile who listens to music with a multichannel home theater system. Same idea. Quality left and right components will do the job just fine.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I have the 12 speaker system and for me disconnecting the center speaker didn’t help. I actually like it better with it working. I’d like the whole system just clearer and richer. I’m usually around 15 on the dial.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If the audiophile wants a two seat tune (i.e. comparable sound quality for both driver and passenger) a center speaker is a must.
But, you need a real good DSP for that with upmixing capability of some sort, i.e. Alpine, Helix or the older JBL MS-8.

Sponsored

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
If the audiophile wants a two seat tune (i.e. comparable sound quality for both driver and passenger) a center speaker is a must.
But, you need a real good DSP for that with upmixing capability of some sort, i.e. Alpine, Helix or the older JBL MS-8.
You don’t like Mosconi’s surround codec In the 8to12 Aerospace? Just curious.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
You don’t like Mosconi’s surround codec In the 8to12 Aerospace? Just curious.
Never heard it myself, so i cannot have an opinion on that one.
My Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP doesn't have a center channel upmixer, so it's in no way comparable.
I heared the Helix and Alpine though and if set up correctly it's really impressive.
Sponsored