Sponsored

Any updates on the turbonetics drop in

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Wondering if any one has heard about the new turbonetics turbo?
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Take a look at the Vargas Stage 2+. I can't imagine the Turbonetics could perform any better and the VS2+ is cheaper. I have the VS2 and it's a lovely turbo. I wish I'd gotten the VS2+ though just for the extra wiggle room once a built block goes in.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Take a look at the Vargas Stage 2+. I can't imagine the Turbonetics could perform any better and the VS2+ is cheaper. I have the VS2 and it's a lovely turbo. I wish I'd gotten the VS2+ though just for the extra wiggle room once a built block goes in.
One difference is the bearing. The Turbonetics has ball bearing vs the journal in the VS2+. Although for the price difference, I think I could get over it.

Sponsored

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
One difference is the bearing. The Turbonetics has ball bearing vs the journal in the VS2+. Although for the price difference, I think I could get over it.
Factory is journal so I wouldn't worry about it

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
That doesn't make it good. ;)
LOL. Yeah that doesn't make it good lol. Journal bearing is more heavy duty in terms of load capacity but does provide higher rolling resistance. for application like a turbo, ball bearing should be better but nobody should lose their sleep over journal vs ball on VS2 after looking at their graphs :)

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
LOL. Yeah that doesn't make it good lol. Journal bearing is more heavy duty in terms of load capacity but does provide higher rolling resistance. for application like a turbo, ball bearing should be better but nobody should lose their sleep over journal vs ball on VS2 after looking at their graphs :)
Especially with the price difference. :cheers:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
The VS2 spools just a hair — and I mean a hair — slower than stock but pulls like a freight train up top. In most cases, I always want ball bearing too, but honestly, I don't think it'd make enough of a difference, if any noticeable difference, to offset the additional cost. I know I say it a lot but it really is a GREAT turbo and is hands down the best on the market for the price point.
Sponsored