Sponsored

Any tips or pics of how to get a floor jack under this car?

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
For the guys who are using a jack and jack stands - where are you putting the jack stands to hold up the car? If I jack up on the pinch weld, obviously I can't put my jack stand there. I have read not to use the rear differential on the s550...
Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
For the guys who are using a jack and jack stands - where are you putting the jack stands to hold up the car? If I jack up on the pinch weld, obviously I can't put my jack stand there. I have read not to use the rear differential on the s550...
Jack on the pinch weld..jack stand right next to where i jacked it up, still on the pinch weld. There are a few different spots.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Jack on the pinch weld..jack stand right next to where i jacked it up, still on the pinch weld. There are a few different spots.
I'll check it out. Last time I looked under the car it didn't look like there was much room. I'm not sure if this has to do with the PP1 mouldings or not...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I dont plan to do any mods just regular LOF is there a more solid location to jack up front?
FWIW I have jacking rails, a Quickjack (powered hydraulic mini-lift), low profile jack, and jack stands. I don't use any of those for oil changes. I just drive the front wheels up a set of ramps. Plenty of room to get to drain and filter and tilts the car to maximize speed and amount of oil drained.

However you do it, think about replacing the drain plug with a valve that accepts a drain hose and can adjust the flow. The hose prevents oil splatter and the adjustable flow lets you take samples if you ever want to or get extra out if overfilled either by accident or just for a track day.

Oil Drain valves. | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Lay out lengths of 2x4 lumber and drive up onto them. Depending on where the jacking points turn out to be will determine if you need two or four. You can cut the ends at an angle to help. May or may not be enough, but could allow the use of the jack you have currently.
I also suggest jack stands if you have them. Not good to work under a car on a jack.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I definitely recommend jacking rails; I put them almost since day 1. You can both jack up the car in the middle, and place jack stands at the ends of the jacking rails. Having said that, if you're going to use jack stands on the pinch welds, buy a rubber adapter (with a slit), so you don't damage them. Hope this helps.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
1613645843321.png

WD :like:

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
so i just bought a 20 gt premium pp1 and got the jacking rails this week was going to put them on tomorrow but im wondering if any of you guys change the oil using an oil extractor? i have been using this on my audis for years and its great. no having to go under the car and because the audi oil filter is at the top its a breeze to do oil changes.

Amazon.com: Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator/Dispenser, Manual White, 0.23" x 5': Automotive

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Heads UP !!

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/

b7a537a6-63ab-43f6-86fc-89a99918bce2.jpg
Use promo code OFF150
Valid 3/3/21 thru 3/12/21 only!

Use promo code OFF150 to get $150 OFF any new QuickJack model purchase. Valid 3/3/2021 thru 3/12/2021 only. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts. Available in the United States only. Free shipping to the 48 contiguous United States. Fees will apply for shipments to HI, AK, and PR.
Sponsored