Sponsored

Any news on the Mach 1 and A10

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had a GT with an A10 so I know what I will be "loosing" if going to a manual. But will not know what I am getting :)

I have never tried the Tremec as the GT350s are not sold in EU.

I like both M and A but I hate the idea of "not" getting all out of a car. My MX5 has hard times when I am on a road course or the streets as I shift quite aggressively. The trans in the MX5 is golden by the way.

It would be very interesting to hear what the revised A10 is like in this setup. On a course I guess there is not much of a difference between the two in laptimes.

However apart from the driving experience I thinking on the re-sale value e.g will the Tremec hold its value better?

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Curious why you think the lap times will be the same between the two? I think there is absolutely going to be a difference in lap times. The auto especially with the handling package is going to be quicker

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Curious why you think the lap times will be the same between the two? I think there is absolutely going to be a difference in lap times. The auto especially with the handling package is going to be quicker
For sure is a good auto/dual clutch faster or at least more consistent. I think the most benefit is there for folks not used to tracking and doing so in a M-car. For folks not used to do heel-toe and having that built in with the M is very good when pushing the car

The main advantage for an A car compared to M is from stand still more or less at speed the differences are less for sure and specially on a track. However for getting the maximum out of a car on the track an A-car will sure be more beneficial. However with that said the A10 is no PDK or a ZF in terms on how it behaves. At least not in the regular GT.

This is why it would be interesting to get some more input on the subject

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the point of driving is to improve your skill. A10 requires zero skill. So by definition the A10 is the wrong choice. Though if you think yanking on the shifter is how it's done you need to change gearboxes to a sequential. It's really dumb to force movement when dealing with mechanical systems.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
the point of driving is to improve your skill. A10 requires zero skill. So by definition the A10 is the wrong choice. Though if you think yanking on the shifter is how it's done you need to change gearboxes to a sequential. It's really dumb to force movement when dealing with mechanical systems.
It is for sure much easier with the A10.
Even in the MX5 with it's fantastic manual coming into corners where one needs to shift down quickly and doing heel and toe and having a good awareness of cars around you specially expensive ones takes some time getting used to :D

Yeah sometimes I feel sorry for the car have started not to shift as fast as I can :D

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you care about the driving experience and how much fun you have in your car, go manual

If you care about bragging to people about how fast your car is and rely on how other people feel about your car to enjoy it yourself, go auto

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
No-one prevents you to shift manually with automatic and have great driving experience. This probably depends most on how often/where you'll be driving. Occasional summer weekend trip or going to track often screams for manual, driving through city or in regular high traffic on main roads with 2 lanes total is automatic bliss, really. I think it'll be 50:50 for me as it is a second car, but I'll do fine with paddles for the more spirited ride.

I'd go automatic even if the manual was available which it wasn't (apparently only 1 from total 10 Mach 1's in the country is manual). Owning Mini JCW with fast and precise manual Getrag for many years, going to the track with it numerously, nice little fun car that I adored and loved, I know already I'll love automatic in Mach 1, no doubts whatsoever.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
I had a GT with an A10 so I know what I will be "loosing" if going to a manual. But will not know what I am getting :)

I have never tried the Tremec as the GT350s are not sold in EU.

I like both M and A but I hate the idea of "not" getting all out of a car. My MX5 has hard times when I am on a road course or the streets as I shift quite aggressively. The trans in the MX5 is golden by the way.

It would be very interesting to hear what the revised A10 is like in this setup. On a course I guess there is not much of a difference between the two in laptimes.

However apart from the driving experience I thinking on the re-sale value e.g will the Tremec hold its value better?

What are your thoughts?
if you like automated fast driving definitely go electric.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No-one prevents you to shift manually with automatic and have great driving experience. This probably depends most on how often/where you'll be driving. Occasional summer weekend trip or going to track often screams for manual, driving through city or in regular high traffic on main roads with 2 lanes total is automatic bliss, really. I think it'll be 50:50 for me as it is a second car, but I'll do fine with paddles for the more spirited ride.

I'd go automatic even if the manual was available which it wasn't (apparently only 1 from total 10 Mach 1's in the country is manual). Owning Mini JCW with fast and precise manual Getrag for many years, going to the track with it numerously, nice little fun car that I adored and loved, I know already I'll love automatic in Mach 1, no doubts whatsoever.
The manual mode on A10 is not like a PDK nor a good ZF. But I like how it always was in the right rpm on wot. It would be very interesting to get some input what the differences are like with the revised A10 on the M1

This would make be my "fun" car, my GT was my DD

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The manual mode on A10 is not like a PDK nor a good ZF. But I like how it always was in the right rpm on wot. It would be very interesting to get some input what the differences are like with the revised A10 on the M1

This would make be my "fun" car, my GT was my DD
I would suggest using only premium gas. 😂🤣. Sorry, I had too. 👍

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Seriously though, you know better than to ask these geniuses an auto vs. manual question. You know the “real men don’t drive slush boxes“ types (you know who you are). But here’s a good reason for getting the M6. It will be the only S550 Coyote made with a Tremec. That could be worth talking about.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously though, you know better than to ask these geniuses an auto vs. manual question. You know the “real men don’t drive slush boxes“ types (you know who you are). But here’s a good reason for getting the M6. It will be the only S550 Coyote made with a Tremec. That could be worth talking about.
😂

Yes that is a good reason to get the Tremec specially considering that the Tremec has never been available here in Europe on a Mustang.

With that said, maybe we should steer the thread more towards what the revised slushbox will be like

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
With that said, maybe we should steer the thread more towards what the revised slushbox will be like
same unit ripped from the 2021 F150 I would guess. ie. somewhat beefier parts. I don't see why it matters a damn either way.
Sponsored