Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Hey everyone!

It’s good to be back. I’ll try to make this post as short as possible.

I used to live in Dubai and I was one of the first to get a 2015 S550. Loved the car and I regret not driving it enough. Fast forward and now I live in Australia.

I’m in a place where I’m ready to buy a new car. Except I can’t find anything that I like. The Australian market is so different and there’s barely any American vehicles here. With most of the manufacturers going for turbo engines, the Mustang is probably one of a handful of cars that still comes in a V8.

My question is, and this is where I’m seeking advise; should I buy a 2022 GT or wait for the next gen?

If I were to order one now, it’ll be at least August before it’s here.

I never usually buy cars at the end of their lifecycle but I can’t find anything else that makes me feel the same way like the Mustang.

Other options will be mainly hot hatches eg. Golf R, Audi S3, even the coming Nissan Z.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
An envious position to be in :)

Me? I'd order an S550 now and potentially trade it against an S650 in 18 months or so. For the '22MY, the California Special is available for the Australian market.....so being specific, I'd order a California Special in Grabber Blue Metallic with the 10-speed auto!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Me? I'd order an S550 now and potentially trade it against an S650 in 18 months or so. For the '22MY, the California Special is available for the Australian market.....so being specific, I'd order a California Special in Grabber Blue Metallic with the 10-speed auto!
+1 for me especially if you can get the Performance Package and MagneRide down under. Also we still do not know anything about the delivery dates for the S650. So unless you are willing to wait at least another year, best to order now.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
+1 for me especially if you can get the Performance Package and MagneRide down under. Also we still do not know anything about the delivery dates for the S650. So unless you are willing to wait at least another year, best to order now.
I've not seen the Australian order guide but I suspect their California Special will come with the Performance Pack as standard.........as that's the way the GT is specced, although Australia and Europe don't get the Torsen diff :)

Sponsored

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
If I was in the market for a new car i would consider the new Z with a 6 speed manual, premium version.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the advise and suggestions. It looks like I'll be heading towards a '22MY California Special. I'm not sure about the color yet. Initially I wanted Shadow Black but I'm not sure how that would look on a California Special. Maybe Race Red or Dark Matter? 🤔

I like that idea. I wish I could see more photos of the California Special in different colors. I was set on a Black mustang, but I'm honestly not sure how it would look with the CS.

CS With a PP1 and magne 😏👌🏼
Definitely! I didn't have MagneRide on my last Mustang but from what I hear it's a must. So will check that box for sure.

Even though I will probably still wait till August for the Mustang delivery, I honestly don't want to wait until the S650 especially God knows when it'll be here in Australia.

I've not seen the Australian order guide but I suspect their California Special will come with the Performance Pack as standard.........as that's the way the GT is specced, although Australia and Europe don't get the Torsen diff :)
Correct. It's everything in one package. MagneRide and Recaro seats are optional, and so is spoilers, stripes etc. Otherwise everything is included.

Buy now trade later! Keep it Mustang all the way!
Heading in this direction!

If I was in the market for a new car i would consider the new Z with a 6 speed manual, premium version.
The issue here is, the Z is not yet available so I'm yet to test drive one. I do remember driving the 370z back when I was in the market and as much as it was a fun car, I still chose the Mustang. Just something about that V8 Coyote 😍

Price wise, the new Z would probably be a bit cheaper and yes, it's an All-New model, twin turbo V6 with almost as much power as the Mustang GT but again... I think I'll miss having a V8. And to be very honest, I'm not sure how much longer we'll have V8s.

Yaffler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP California Special Grabber 2022

That's the exact car & colour I have on order. It should be here in a month or so.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
That's the exact car & colour I have on order. It should be here in a month or so.
I didn’t know they have Grabber Blue for 2022. Is it like that “Smurf” blue from 2014?

Also, seeing that you’re in Brisbane, where did you end up ordering from? Finding it hard to find a decent salesperson who actually knows about the Mustang, and can assist with the ordering process and price 😓

Feel free to PM me if you’d like.

Sponsored

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I'd buy new or slightly used 20+ GT/Mach 1/GT350 if I was in your position. The issue is the market is nuts and ADM is the norm. GT350s are really overpriced, if you can find one. I would definitely not wait until the S650.

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Id either get the Mach1 or wait for new body on the everyday average mustangs

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
I'd buy new or slightly used 20+ GT/Mach 1/GT350 if I was in your position. The issue is the market is nuts and ADM is the norm. GT350s are really overpriced, if you can find one. I would definitely not wait until the S650.
I have no issues buying new. The second hand market is absolutely insane cause people don’t wanna wait for their new cars. I don’t mind waiting, but won’t be waiting for the S650. I’m in Australia. Chances are, it won’t be here before the end of 2023, possibly early 2024.

Id either get the Mach1 or wait for new body on the everyday average mustangs
Not only is the M1 out of my budget but it only comes in manual. Need an auto.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The V8 is great, but otoh Mustang is a large barge compared to a Z.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
The V8 is great, but otoh Mustang is a large barge compared to a Z.
I patiently waited for the new Z. True on the weight diff, but when looking deeper the new Z does NOT have better brakes (Akebono 4 piston), no adaptive susp like Magneride, no Recaro option, and I'm still betting our 460hp Coyote pulls harder than the VR30DDTT's 400hp. So, the Perf Pack GT, Mach 1, etc I bet still is the better performance buy at the similar price level.
Sponsored