Sponsored

Another Mustang Disturbing the Peace

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I have not heard the Solo setup in person, but if it's even close to the Chevelle, it would have to be as loud as a 15+GT w/ LTs and Corsa Xtreme's.

Like I said, hard to really judge from the video quality, it's very very muffled. But It doesn't sound even close to that level.
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Trade in your GT for an Eco Boost,your neighbor will think you are cutting your grass also, when you start it up,now see how easy that was.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
My hood has a HOA as well. Some idiot complained to me about my two loud vehicles, I told them there is NOTHING in the rules about cars exhaust and the more important issue is all the parents speeding thru the hood. I have the loudest and fastest cars yet I drive the slowest! F*ck em!! Nobody has ever complained again.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
So just because you don't get to sleep in like you'd like every morning this individual with a loud exhaust would have to change their life/exhaust in order to accommodate you? :doh:

No we don't have a "Constitutional right" to own a loud mustang.... (what kind of obnoxious wording is that anyway) but we do have the right to modify our cars as we please in a legal fashion. If he's not breaking any rules than the people he lives around have to deal with it. If not they're free to move to an area where loud exhaust is not permitted in the neighborhood.
But it's not clear that that is the case. Ie why I discussed HOA rules. Please read more carefully. You are arguing a strawman.

Additionally, something can be 'legal' in the eyes of the state, and be a violation of a different set of local municipal ordinances or breach a private civil contract (HOA).

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Just ignore him, and if he comes back over tell him you're not breaking any laws. Don't argue. Be pleasant, and be sickeningly friendly with anyone else you encounter. If he starts trying to get people riled up, the last image you want in their minds is you being anything but the ideal neighbor. Don't argue with him, etc. Ignore any notes he leaves, etc. If you get a cease and desist from the HOA, ignore it. Just keep being as quiet as you can and smile. You car is loud if it sounds like the Solo video. My car is as loud as I'd try to get away with and it's just an MBRP street. My neighbors are mixed ages, but no one has complained. We're all friends though.

Ignore, ignore, ignore. Be nice, nice, nice. If the rest of the hood has only had pleasant interactions with you, most of them won't have any issue with it.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Some HOAs don't let people park certain vehicles in their own driveway like boats and RVs, so they can do pretty much anything that doesn't conflict with the law. In Texas, they technically have the power (thru a lot of legal wrangling) to confiscate a home if citations are repeatedly left unpaid. However, I doubt if it ever happens. If a homeowner signs a covenant where they agree to abide by the HOA rules then they are bound by legal contract.

I did win against my HOA on an issue. They told me a sat dish was not in a compliant location. I told them it was a line of sight dish and cited federal regs. They dropped the complaint immediately.

Our HOA has a noise ordinance, which is what one would expect in a typical municipality. I like it. We are on county land and noise restrictions are pretty laid back in unincorporated areas. With the HOA we don't have to worry about loud parties, etc.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Originally Posted by tritus
"Before I get into more detail here some more information. I have the solo thunder catback exhaust on my car."

Here ya go for a sample.

After seeing that I am not the least bit worried about putting a Magnaflow Competition Cat Back on. :lol:

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But it's not clear that that is the case. Ie why I discussed HOA rules. Please read more carefully. You are arguing a strawman.

Additionally, something can be 'legal' in the eyes of the state, and be a violation of a different set of local municipal ordinances or breach a private civil contract (HOA).
Not arguing anything just pointing out how ridiculous your statement was. A "constitutional right" to a loud car lol

He posted the OH State laws, which we've established he's within and legal. Other than that we don't have his HOA regulations in front of us so this is going nowhere for now.

Clearly we don't have the same stance on this topic, and if you're going to make every stop to try and point out every little stipulation you can think of to back up your opinion, this conversation should probably just end here. ;)

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Not arguing anything just pointing out how ridiculous your statement was. A "constitutional right" to a loud car lol

He posted the OH State laws, which we've established he's within and legal. Other than that we don't have his HOA regulations in front of us so this is going nowhere for now.

Clearly we don't have the same stance on this topic, and if you're going to make every stop to try and point out every little stipulation you can think of to back up your opinion, this conversation should probably just end here. ;)
Who is "He"? You realize that I was not replying to the OP correct? Not sure why this would be unclear, as I quoted directly in my reply.

In any case, it is not clear whether the OP is within OH State Laws, or any local ordinance or HOA. Hence why I worded my post as I did. FWIW He has one of the loudest aftermarket exhausts available.

You are responding out of context to my comment, calling it 'ridiculous'. (which I'm at a loss to see how this is so, do you believe that one does have such a right?)

Context is everything. Again (second time requesting this), read what I was quoting and replying.

The way I see it, it's your car. And when you change out the exhaust or what ever the case may be, its going to be loud naturally. It's a muscle car. You shouldn't ever have to limit yourself when it comes to leaving your house or coming home quietly. There's a big difference between sitting there and revving the hell out of the engine and acting an ass AND simply turning the car on and leaving. It doesn't matter if its 3am. If I want a McDonalds double cheeseburger that late at night I'm going to hop my happy ass in my GT and go get one.
If you feel the same and you are entitled to such, fantastic. :shrug:

Your reply makes me think you did not read my post carefully, but rather became upset over a choice phrase. You said "If he's not breaking any rules than the people he lives around have to deal with it." What did I say which contradicted this concept? Did you actually read what I wrote?

Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
We had a big party for 4th of July at our friends house. In these neck of the woods, the 4th is all out war everywhere, all out WWIII. The neighborhoods are packed full of people spending tens of thousands of dollars and bit 500mg finales or powerful (legal) mortars.

So we sat in our coli-sac and started a big early at like 7PM with lesser fireworks.

At about 7:30 this older lady in a Prius slowly starts driving down the street towards us (at like 5 mph). All 50+ people from the entire neighborhood. The grills are lit up, people are drinking and having a good time.

One guy walks to her, comes back down.

She told him that she was in a house a block away and that we needed to stop lighting off fireworks because it annoyed her dog and if we didn't she was going to call the cops.

The guy who talked with her is a nice guy but he calmly told her that he suggested that she go for a drive somewhere if she was having that much trouble because not only did we have some serious fireworks to light off, but just about everyone else in 360 degrees would be doing the same.

I also had another incident at my house where my son an I launched 2 mortars a few days before the 4th to test a new mortar rack I got. This was only at like 8PM. After the first one, the grumpy old man 100 yards down the street came stomping up clealry agitated and angry, walked on my property and got in my face and told me to stop. I tried to nicely tell him that they were legal fireworks and it was legal at that time by law for me to light off fireworks. I also told him I was only lighting off a couple to test. He wouldn't back down... told me I blew the mortar over his house (100 yards away when all the debree actually fell on us). So I could tell being polite would not work and this guy kinda had that Im a bully look (he was retirement age and was probably some kind of big shot manager used to pushing people around his whole life)

I eventually had to tell him the same thing I would have told the guy at your door at the point. "Get the F off my property", he said something like "thanks neighbor" to which I responded that I build this house and lived there 10 years and that this is what people in this neighborhood do (in fact, the neighbors on the other side of the street right behind him literally pool together like $50,000 worth of stuff and light them off in 3 close locations... so he was really in for it on the 4th). I preceded to flip him off every time I saw him after. Hey, I tried to be civil with the guy.

In both cases, on the 4th... WWIII broke out all over the place like is usually does.

That old guy in my neighborhood (who only lived there a year) sold his house and moved within a few months.

Im still waiting for a good exhaust for my Vert and when I do, I could care less about my neighbors. I've had to deal with their loud cars, multiple chicken coops with roosters nonstop for years as well as big RV's parked on the street.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
He posted the OH State laws, which we've established he's within and legal.
I highly doubt that. He can verify by having the police or state patrol do a noise decibel measurement and tell him if it's a street legal system and meets state law noise regulations. I bet Solo even says it's for "off road use only" to cover their butt.

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who is "He"? You realize that I was not replying to the OP correct? Not sure why this would be unclear, as I quoted directly in my reply.

In any case, it is not clear whether the OP is within OH State Laws, or any local ordinance or HOA. Hence why I worded my post as I did. FWIW He has one of the loudest aftermarket exhausts available.

You are responding out of context to my comment, calling it 'ridiculous'. (which I'm at a loss to see how this is so, do you believe that one does have such a right?)

Context is everything. Again (second time requesting this), read what I was quoting and replying.

If you feel the same and you are entitled to such, fantastic. :shrug:

Your reply makes me think you did not read my post carefully, but rather became upset over a choice phrase. You said "If he's not breaking any rules than the people he lives around have to deal with it." What did I say which contradicted this concept? Did you actually read what I wrote?
This should be fun after a few beers.....

The way you worded what you originally said was a little ridiculous IMO. I don't think a "constitutional right" was something anyone in this thread said they thought had.

The rest of that post was simply posted to be posted and share my experience/opinion because it related to what the OP was.

The "He" I was referring to is anyone you would put in this situation due to your comment about "taking action" against anyone who would have a loud exhaust that would wake you up in the morning. Not a particular person.

I really don't know why you're still talking about this after I clearly stated we have different views on the topic and if you'd like to pull apart laws and regulations to prove me wrong go ahead. :shrug:

Not upset about anything, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm not going to try and change that. Just pointed out your interesting choice of words.
:ford:

OP
OP
tritus

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Quick Update,

Got a chance to talk to the Harley owner who lives on our street and found out that same person who complained about my exhaust pretty much complains about anything and everything that happens in the neighborhood lol. He said the same guy already talked to him about his work truck, bike and dogs. Another neighbor who was walking his dog at the same time said he loves the sound of my car while we were having this conversation lol.

Harley owner also mentioned that he had a straight piped truck which a lot of people complained about couple years ago and tried to get the HOA involved. There is nothing in our HOA rules about cars/exhausts etc. so it looks like I don't have much to worry about.
Sponsored