Sponsored

Another motor craft battery or other?

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Picked up a 15’ Gt a few months ago and seems my tb and few other things have went wacko as the car was sitting in garage for a month or so , I started. So battery tender on it and figured out my problem is the battery is just not holding enough for long enough.

Inspected and it appears to be the factory motor craft battery from 14’. So I’d say it lasted Awhile

Quick call to oreillys and Ford were
ford motorcraft $138
oreillys special $208

Get another motor craft or better options? Not much for extra electronics, except a amp in the future for a single sub.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Oem or Costco due to warranty

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I only say this because I get like 6-8 years out of factory batteries. aftermarket always let me down typically.

Costco though, if you must buy aftermarket, its the customer service I am recommending not so much the battery. if it fails, they will take care of you.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
OEM have always lasted the longest for me. I've gotten 20+ years out of a Motorcraft, believe it or not.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
OEM have always lasted the longest for me. I've gotten 20+ years out of a Motorcraft, believe it or not.
my Toyota I replaced last year, it was 9 years old. It turned on every single time, the dealer just came out and said we just tested your battery and its like 20% of its capacity.

could of fooled me, always turned over immediately and never missed a beat. but they offered to swap out and everything with the same battery from before it, I believe if it worked well before, try to stick with it.

a lot of guys are paying triple for these super high lithium batteries, and no doubt are they stronger and provide more current, but on my motorcycle forums, these batteries are dying in like 2 years. while I get 5-6 out of my Yuasa stock batteries (motorcycle brand) now there are other benefits, my friends tell me "but they are a few pounds lighter" for me that means nothing, but a couple of my friends do compete and those few pounds equal seconds and all that jazz.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Ya that’s quite a jump
300’ish
Vs