Sponsored

Angry Neighbor Uses Expanding Foam To Silence Mustang GT's Exhaust

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
great story, thats a proper man cave as in a whole damned house. Our neighbour (on one side at least) has a great garden and a double garage with gates on the driveway entrance. Sadly can't afford the house and they actually lovely people too which is why when I do get to upgrade the stock exhaust I want to go active on it - MY17 so no Ford options
It was a shot in the dark with regards to the purchase but I'm a firm believer in 'if you don't ask, you don't get' so I took the chance, wrote the letter and was rewarded with a phone call and owners who were willing to play ball.

The tenant in question was next to us for like 10 years, but the last year this dude moved in and was just trouble. We couldn't be nicer about asking them to not make it difficult for us to reverse out but when we got nowhere, something in me snapped. You have to realize how bad must things be or how much must a person have tried before they resort to buying the dang House! Lol but yeah.

Good neighbours are a blessing and shouldn't be taken for granted. I respect that you are will to pay extra for an actuated exhaust. Roush have a good option and if you are handy with the DIY, You could buy actuators and come up with a solution yourself. There is a DIY tutorial of it too. Pm and I'll send you a link.

The workshop has been amazing. I changed the spark plugs on the GTR on Saturday. It was so smooth. Everything was organised. All the tools available. Just bliss. Plan on putting a concrete floor in the carport with a midrise lift buried level with the floor height. Did all the work myself on the carport and garage conversion too. Life has been peaceful since they left.
Sponsored

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
I've got a manual 2017 GT with stock exhaust. Two other manual GTs (2018 up) in my neighborhood have modded exhausts (unchanging..so probably x or h pipes and cat backs).

30+ years ago when in high school, I drove a 71 Mach 1 (351c 4v) with open headers or with headers and glass packs. Not a care on the world.

Today, it pains me to hear these two modded mustang's start up and rev match away from my house and neighborhood every single day several times a day. Some neighbors have complained asking the drivers take another route (two ways out of my neighborhood).

With all that said, I was that guy once, so I get it. Would like to go back in time to talk to myself about that crap.

Active exhaust is genius... provides incredible use of discression. 100%-of-the-time loud (annoying to most) exhaust is unnecessary and doesn't do us or our hobby any favors.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
That sorry bastard would be buying a new set of teeth and walking with a permanent limp if he vandalized my vehicle. There are three things you don't mess with- another man's wife, his dog or his car. Dumb prick.
He could have any of my 3 dogs lol

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
What was done is wrong 100%
That being said I have been on both sides of the fence lol when I was younger I was the normal young stupid prick that all my neighbors hated. I had parties, loud cars and sport bikes Hollywood Florida police was there at least 4 to 5 times a month with only going to jail once. I couldn't imagine having a neighbor like I was, if so I would probably be the one in jail now.
I did order a h-pipe for my Mustang ( not in yet Steeda is 2 weeks out from shipping) but I use quiet mode until out of neighborhood then it goes to track mode lol I just love the sound.

I have a younger kid lives 4 blocks away that has a STI that sounds like it is straight piped and was comes by my house every night about 2am wide open and it is fucking loud. It didn't bother me at all I would laugh thinking about me being younger but it would wake my wife up and she would be pissed off. So I caught him at home one day and was like hey love your car sounds badass but it wakes my wife up every night. So I asked do you care to just roll by not hold it wide open when you pass. He was like I am so sorry I only do it to piss off my ex that lives next block from me. He has never done it since

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Jesus. Who wants to live like this? That sounds like an absolute miserable existence. You didn’t accidentally write “Florida“ when you meant “Somalia,“ correct?

It also sounds a lot like bullcrap. People who talk like this will invariably piss their pants if anyone had a gun pointed at them. That’s why they talk like this.

Sponsored

William518

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what came from this? Did they find the guy who did it?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
He’s under police protection as everyone with a gun wanted to shoot him.

WD :like:

Last edited:

deadoaks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby Mustang GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, beg to differ, everything happens in Florida.
You think people want to get killed? If you come into my property to vandalize my property, be ready to take back some lead. I dont take that lightly, s**t like that doesnt happen here in Florida.
Sponsored