Sponsored

Android vs. Apple

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So we have been using Apple iPhones since 2008 and once I tried to go with Samsung Galaxy S3 and the operating system was not to my liking. Mainly because I do not know how to use the Android system. But with my new Iphone 6S Plus ($1000 phone) the camera freezes on me 99% of the times I open it. And Apple engineers cannot fix it. Been to the store been on tech support for over 24 hours of talk time if not more. So we are thinking of moving to Galaxy phones. What is your opinion on the Galaxy tech support? The Android operating system? It won't take us much to at least try the Galaxy phones. I think I will buy one for the wife and let her try it out. Let her do the homework for me. :)
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
android master race. death to the iphone.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Apple and it's proprietary BS and idea theft can burn. Let the sheeple use Apple and come join us on the sunnier side.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I love my androids its all i used since they came out. I currently use a note 5. My note 3 before it was equally great. I hate apple OS in any form.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I finally switched to android with a Nexus 6P. I've had an iphone since 2007 inception. I will most likely not go back to an iphone again.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for your feedback. I called the Samsung customer service # which was a nightmare. They are worthless. I asked questions and they could not answer me without putting me on hold. And then could not give me a clear answer. Finally got a Samsung rep. that works at Best Buy and he answered everything I asked. Just got home from work waiting for wife to get out of shower and then on to Best Buy. They are going to let my wife try the Galaxy Edge S7 out for 14 days and return it if she does not like it. Neither of us know how to operate Android. So she will try it out and if she likes it I might go that route. :)

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Last time I had an android it would reset at odd times... like when i was trying to do maps for directions, or inserting a phone number while someone was standing there.

I went from Android to windows phone and from windows phone to apple. Thought I would hate the apple... but it "just works". Reminds me of the "Honda accord" of the phone world (not really, it commands top dollar, honda does not). My apple phone has never reset.

The best phone is windows phone... but it lacks apps.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I was an Apple guy for smart phones with a 3, 4 and 5. When it was time for a new Phone went with a Galaxy S4, took some getting used to Android but it works as well as iOS. I liked the fact that it has a memory card slot and you can swap the battery that Apple doesn't offer, after a couple of years it started getting real hot and battery life got real short. I replaced it with a Motorola X Pure Edition. I like this phone better than the then current Galaxy S6 or my wife's iPhone 6s. It is purchased direct and unlocked so there is no carrier blot wear installed that you can't get rid of. One of the real neat features of the Moto X is the ability to configure an SD card as internal memory which eliminates the need to individually move apps to the SD to free up internal memory.

Android seems to integrate better with car infotainment systems than iOS. Pairing always works, no issues with playing music via blue tooth or USB, text messaging worked in all 4 cars that had infotainment systems that supported reading text messages (iOS has never worked in any of them).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well just got back from AT&T with a new Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge. Wife is going to be the guinea pig. If she likes it I will follow.

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
There's more than just galaxy phones, the Nexus 6p is one of the best phones you can get.

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
4th generation Nexus user here. All have been stellar. I skipped this latest gen though. Nothing about them was a big enough improvement over what I had and neither have a bigger screen. So waiting on the next get coming to see whats what.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There's more than just galaxy phones, the Nexus 6p is one of the best phones you can get.
We have 14 days to return the Samsung if she does not like it.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
You should keep an eye out on new iPhones coming in two month's time. They will both have major camera improvements. Also a new Samsung Note 7 will be announced Aug 2 and new Nexus phones coming soon too. Lots to choose from!

All will have major improvements on current iPhones and Galaxy phones. (Faster, more efficient, improved cameras).
Sponsored