Sponsored

Android Auto wireless

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My M2 had wireless carplay so when I purchased the GT wired carplay was a backwards step, fortunately carplay2air resolved that. Problem being I always preferred android for many reasons so after 5 or 6 years of apple i got myself a new android phone and then found myself in the world of wires for AA.

Anyway finally received my AA wireless device and so far so good. So of anyone is interested they are available via Indiegogo aawireless

Problem is it took 5ish months to get it!!!!

IMG_20210722_151035.jpg
Sponsored

mhdgsn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Magnetic Mustang GT
My M2 had wireless carplay so when I purchased the GT wired carplay was a backwards step, fortunately carplay2air resolved that. Problem being I always preferred android for many reasons so after 5 or 6 years of apple i got myself a new android phone and then found myself in the world of wires for AA.

Anyway finally received my AA wireless device and so far so good. So of anyone is interested they are available via Indiegogo aawireless

Problem is it took 5ish months to get it!!!!

IMG_20210722_151035.jpg
I'm potentially interested in one of these so good it works well in the Mustang. Can you give some idea how long it takes to connect/display once the car is fired up? I guess it relies on the speed of the phone to some extent but interesting information nonetheless.

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm potentially interested in one of these so good it works well in the Mustang. Can you give some idea how long it takes to connect/display once the car is fired up? I guess it relies on the speed of the phone to some extent but interesting information nonetheless.
I will time it tomorrow mate. I'm doing a 2 hour round trip tomorrow so will get a better idea of its stability too

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Once you have had a chance to use it for a while, let us all know how it works for you.

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Wenklaw, stop complaining :D it was an Indiegogo campaign. Mine is coming today and I can't wait to not use cables anymore. As you said, let's hope it is stable!

Sponsored

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
First impressions are very positive.
It connects really quick a matter of a few seconds, I don't think plugging in is any quicker.
I've connected to it about 6 times without any failures or delay and it's streamed radio from radioplayer app perfectly, Google maps, Waze and music monkey(music player app) all work faultlessly.
The unit barely got warm so also a good thing.

Not sure about battery drain as the funny thing was i actually had my phone plugged into a usb power adaptor in the cigarette lighter as I forgot to charge my phone and was at 2%.

So far so good but need to check battery drain next time.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
It connects really quick a matter of a few seconds, I don't think plugging in is any quicker.
I've connected to it about 6 times without any failures or delay and it's streamed radio from radioplayer app perfectly, Google maps, Waze and music monkey(music player app) all work faultlessly.

Not sure about battery drain as the funny thing was i actually had my phone plugged into a usb power adaptor in the cigarette lighter as I forgot to charge my phone and was at 2%.

How does it behave when getting in and out of the car when your phone is in your pocket? As in, does it reconnect fast. How does it connect after a 5 minute stop vs an hour vs sitting overnight? Glitches in connectivity are my only hesitations purchasing this device.

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How does it behave when getting in and out of the car when your phone is in your pocket? As in, does it reconnect fast. How does it connect after a 5 minute stop vs an hour vs sitting overnight? Glitches in connectivity are my only hesitations purchasing this device.
Well I cleaned the car today and obviously was in and out of it etc then went for a quick drive as.i won't be using it for 2 weeks a Nd every time it's connected very quickly.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Well I cleaned the car today and obviously was in and out of it etc then went for a quick drive as.i won't be using it for 2 weeks a Nd every time it's connected very quickly.
That's great! Thank you. It's on my list now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Unexpectedly went out in the GT this morning, 35-40 minutes and my battery lost approx 5% certainly no more, however my phone battery is 4820 mAh which I believe is pretty beefy. Again the AA wireless device connected to my mobile in a matter of seconds and worked flawlessly again.

EDIT: Just remembered I also have my phone automatically turn on its mobile hot spot automatically when i get in the car and i know that hits the battery as well, so battery usage of the AA wireless device I think i can safely say is pretty low

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
I've got one on order looking forward to it :D

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
An update, went out again today to fill it up ready for my trip plus another stop and it works faultlessly it really does. Connects in seconds time after time, brilliant device, battery drain also appears minimal. I'm driving 3 ISH hours on Saturday so I'm not going to plug it in and see what happens

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My last update as absolutely no niggles at all over some pretty intensive use now. Drove 4 hours then nearly 5.5 hours and its not missed a beat. I made a couple of stops and it always reconnects without issue. Streaming music, nav apps, phone calls, messaging all as it should be. Battery use is pretty good too with no real drain. Phone does get warm (not hot) after 4 hours but nothing to worry about. it used around 30% battery over 5.5 hours and that was streaming radio and also having my phone operate as a hotspot.

Its bloody marvellous!!!!

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

I started looking into those too. So... if the AA Adapter drains your phone's battery "rather" quickly you still end up plugging your phone into your car, one way or the other, am I correct? The adapter is using your phone and then transmits to display, correct? This thread is about 6 months old, anyone who has been using the AA adapter, any known issues?
Sponsored