Sponsored

Android 8" PX6 unit

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I have a PX5 which is a Winca S200. Been using it for 2 years now. It works great still. Only thing is support is non existent. So if you have an issue don't expect a resolution for it from the company or seller. Was the same thing with the TomTop units but these android units are far better. The newer one you got the Ui looks better and it comes with 2gb more ram which will definitely be better then mine.
Sponsored

alanlopezlv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Grey Magnetic
Any way you can record a video with the unit in operation? Including the sync audio issue as well as boot time? Might pull the trigger on this unit soon. Thank you!!

OP
OP
Turbong

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
I have a PX5 which is a Winca S200. Been using it for 2 years now. It works great still. Only thing is support is non existent. So if you have an issue don't expect a resolution for it from the company or seller. Was the same thing with the TomTop units but these android units are far better. The newer one you got the Ui looks better and it comes with 2gb more ram which will definitely be better then mine.

Oh man are you the one we were waiting for to report back and never did. Not cool bro lol.

Yea this unit is very fast the UI is simple but good not cheaply looking it's more than enough to serve the purpose it needs to serve, these units are modular for many cars so a decent amount of programming has been done on these builds since they are not specific to a single model. The SYNC UI layout is quite nice aesthetically it's too bad it doesn't output sound that is the only issue as it works as it supposed to, but still not a deal breaker as Google voice is a better way to go regardless. Asking it to open pandora and still being able to skip tracks through the steering wheel is nice even if you're on another app it still works, the media button on the steering wheel works well to switch between Radio, Music, Maps, ect. the unit works better than I would of thought honestly.

OP
OP
Turbong

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any way you can record a video with the unit in operation? Including the sync audio issue as well as boot time? Might pull the trigger on this unit soon. Thank you!!
I probably could sometime, but I'm not sure that is really necessary as important information your're asking about has already been listed. The UI and functions are just like an android tablet, the unit has a sleep mode where you rarely see it fully boot especially if you use it everyday it will be instant, and yes like other units you can change the boot logo. Sync does not output audio not sure why but I dont need sync, it's just an option if it was working. One thing to note you have to put the GPS antenna somewhere on the dash as having it under the cover was obstructing signal strength otherwise the unit is well worth it for me.

Edit, for those that wondering it does have screen dim option where you turn on the lights it will dim to whatever percent you desire.

sb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have finally taken the plunge since no one else was willing, for those that dont want a giant tesla screen and want to retain physical hvac controls but also dont want to cut off volume/tune knobs and look stock this may be the answer. After talking to several vendors I have decided this unit I got for 350$ specs are as follows;

PX6 6-core
Android 10(allegedly)
4GB RAM/64 STORAGE
wired carplay/android
built in DSP
output 4 45W
has optional RCA
retains SYNC function, steering wheel controls, backup camera.

I am happy to report the installation went relatively smooth, besides just having to make the back panel of the unit was the only challenging part of this whole process. I don't think I could be happier with the current outcome.

ALL steering wheel controls work including sync
back up camera does indeed work as factory design, meaning it will switch channel to camera instantly no matter what state the unit is in and retains guides, the unit did include an optional sensor speaker for those that have back up sensors.
The unit boots up pretty fast from a complete cold boot up like 10 seconds fast, yes the camera works before it boots!
the unit does have some sleep keep in memory function, so going back in the car instantly comes on.
Radio, GPS all seem to be working as intended Radio does display live information.
The UI is pretty simple, straight forward no gimmicks type of non sense, only shows doors when opened and closed, a good thing IMO, yes there is still no temp display as other units but torque could do as a workaround.
I have not experienced any glitches switching through the menus seems pretty stable as infotainment functions concerned.
The sound is noticeably better and louder given the DSP functions a dramatic improvement over stock.
The unit is not Android 10 but in fact 9
Android auto works well
More testing to be done but I can already say this gamble has paid off

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001083951661.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.26214c4dY6WyVK

This unit is for base 4 screen models only. I will keep you guys posted

View attachment 501137
IMG_20200825_205813.jpg
IMG_20200825_192516.jpg
IMG_20200827_173657.jpg
IMG_20200827_193516.jpg
Any update on this setup, it looks like the price is up to $450 for the PX6 models...if Im looking at it correctly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Turbong

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update on this setup, it looks like the price is up to $450 for the PX6 models...if Im looking at it correctly.
Nothing has changed the unit is pretty solid. I kind of negotiated that price. I wonder who else has purchased from here, it looks like they have sold quite a lot more units since I did this review.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
What if you got a 2019-2020. We don't have CD players.
My 20 with B&O system has a CD player. Maybe it's an Aussie thing, but I thought they are in all the B&O systems up to 20. Not that I use it. Ever.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My 20 with B&O system has a CD player. Maybe it's an Aussie thing, but I thought they are in all the B&O systems up to 20. Not that I use it. Ever.
My 2019 has a cd player im in US

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
The 19-20 base or non B and O don't have a cd player anymore.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I got to ask, if you got the B and O systems why change the screens.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I’m not going to change mine, but the main reason for me would be the flexibility that Android has. Can run Waze natively, etc and it’s not locked down like the factory system is. Can use Youtube, play videos etc etc. I have android units like these in older cars and they are very handy.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I didnt change to the system in this post I changed to the full tesla screen. The B and O is the speakers and the amp for the most part not the screen. changing the screen for the added android stuff still retains the factory software screens and all the b and o stuff is really hardware has little to do with the screen itself . but you get all the android goodies now as well. Like a little retro gaming while the wife shops. :) plus it looks cool. it does not change or alter and of the B and O stuff it actually gives you more options to adjust sound
20200826_151504.jpg

Screenshot_29.jpg

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I didnt change to the system in this post I changed to the full tesla screen. The B and O is the speakers and the amp for the most part not the screen. changing the screen for the added android stuff still retains the factory software screens and all the b and o stuff is really hardware has little to do with the screen itself . but you get all the android goodies now as well. Like a little retro gaming while the wife shops. :) plus it looks cool. it does not change or alter and of the B and O stuff it actually gives you more options to adjust sound
20200826_151504.jpg

Screenshot_29.jpg
What have you lost since the switch? anything doesnt work as it should? Do you still maintain android auto and apple car play? Do the steering wheel buttons all work?

Thanks for your help

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
What have you lost since the switch? anything doesnt work as it should? Do you still maintain android auto and apple car play? Do the steering wheel buttons all work?

Thanks for your help
So keep in mind there are several different trim levels for these units for mustangs as mustangs have different trim levels. Mine is the sync 3 version for premium mustangs and I can only speak for those units. These units retain all OEM features because you swap over your toggle switches your air conditioning board and your sync 3 module. If you look at my dash pic you can see the ford oem screen displayed at the top of my unit. It is the same as was on the 8 inch premium screen. I personally have not lost any functions. all air, steering and voice functions remain just as oem was. As for android auto and apples car play... On the forums lots of people have issues with apples car play n these units and it seems to be hit opr miss and take some work to get them to work. Keep in mind I personally would expect this from apple products as you are installing an android head unit and well.... apple and android are competitors sooo... The sync unit you retain is made by Microsoft and again they aren't exactly apples friend either. As for android auto I dont use it, I find it to be an unnessiasry middle man app that locks stuff out and i find it just another step . People haven't complained about it working on the forums though but this is to be expected because well its android auto and you are hooking it ot an android unit so...

But with all that said why would you want android auto on the unit anyway? Its a full android unit. android auto is unnessiasry. you can run the only two apps it seems anyone uses native on the unit. (waze and Spotify nether which I use LOL) So again with these units android auto is unnessiasry.

you do need to get internet to the unit liek anything else. so you will need either a hot spot on your phone or if you have the premium ford units activate the 4g modem in the car. its 20 bucks a month for unlimited data through att.

I will say again mine is the premium unit for cars with sync three that requires the swap over of oem boards to make sure everything is 100%. The ones for the sync 1 and 2 and the 4 inch screen base model cars I can not speak for. I will answer anything else i can just ask :)
Sponsored