Sponsored

American Racing Wheels Brand anyone here have them ? How are they holding up ?

jvezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
I been looking at American racing wheels Mach 5 19x10 35 offset 275/40 I had a shop give me estimate. Now I am just trying to see after I spend this money will they hold up. Anyone here ever have American Racing wheels any style at any point did you like them ? Did they hold up paint chipping etc? Just so everyone knows I am new to this aftermarket wheel stuff. This is the first time I am buying wheels .
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
American Racing makes a good wheel. I’ve had a few sets over the years, mostly chrome back in mid/late 90’s when chrome was the look. Their chrome held up well, never had any issues with it pitting (drove them all year round so road salt and stuff in winter).

I’ve not seen many issues with them, just be aware that some, if not all, of their wheels are NOT hub centric to S550 Mustangs so you may need hub rings. Get the aluminum ones, not the cheap plastic ones if you need them.

OP
OP
jvezz

jvezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
I did see on estimate hub rings on there was not sure what they were for .Thanks, I will have to check with them to make sure they are not plastic.

Blu22HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium HPP
I've been looking at this wheel myself in the gunmetal color and it shows hub centric, 70.5.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jvezz

jvezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
I been reading /hearing hub centric while looking at different wheels. I learn something new on this site everyday.I:)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Get the aluminum ones, not the cheap plastic ones if you need them.
I used to think so, and have a whole drawer full. But the shops don't see them for what they are, and try to install on top and crush them, and obviously the wheel doesn't sit flat.

And the metals ones need some doing to get off, and by that time they are trash anyway.

So I switched to plastic. Black so it's bloody obvious they are on there, and I treat them as single-use.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
American racing wheels Mach 5
not a bad looking wheel. I would personally favor something from LMR, but they claim to be flow-formed which is a plus. And it's nice they do the low offset for the 11" up front.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I used to think so, and have a whole drawer full. But the shops don't see them for what they are, and try to install on top and crush them, and obviously the wheel doesn't sit flat.

And the metals ones need some doing to get off, and by that time they are trash anyway.

So I switched to plastic. Black so it's bloody obvious they are on there, and I treat them as single-use.
Definitely single use on the plastic ones. I used plastic ones once and when I changed out my wheels, they were all broken.

I went to aluminum after that and never had a problem. It is a pain if you’re changing out wheels a bunch and going from non-hub centric to hub centric though

Sponsored

Blu22HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How do you like those wheels? I got those on my list, but wasn't to sure about the design between the spokes.
I really wasn't big on them from the stock pictures on American muscle, but I needed 20x11 in the back. They look way better in person and I've gotten way more compliments then the other 20s I had. They will grow on you

Blu22HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I really wasn't big on them from the stock pictures on American muscle, but I needed 20x11 in the back. They look way better in person and I've gotten way more compliments then the other 20s I had. They will grow on you
Pictures don't always do wheels justice. Hard to pull the trigger when buying online. I will say though, those do look sharp on your car.
Sponsored