Sponsored

Am I missing anything

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
Good morning,

I really appreciate the information on this forum as I am new to mustangs. I have learned a great deal, thank you.

I have a 2018 pp1 m-82 gt that I picked up a few months ago. The car has 2800 miles and I have since added the items in my signature. It is currently on a Lund e85r tune. The car is not a DD as information.

Today I plan to order a PC Stage 2 with a D1X, 1050's with big BOV. In addition, I am also ordering a Fore return fuel system with 267s on the FC3 controller. I will run the pumps staged, though, they can be ran fulltime without issue. My stock clutch is fine but it will most likely wilt under the increased power. I am adding a RXT and flywheel. I am also adding Mak cat deletes.

I was planning on the P1X; however, PC suggested I run the D1X for the 850 whp I am shooting for (probably 4.5" pulley). I have e85 that tests at 90% in my area; as such, the car will be e-85 all the time. I will not be going with OPG or CS gears as info and will not be ran past 7400 rpm. The car will not be dragged or tracked, really just a fun street car. Based on your experience, am I missing anything? I plan to add a OEM TOB too to be on the safe side. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
@TRP45ACP Those would all make for a killer setup for sure. Lower RPM's like that the stock OPG/CS would be fine, but swapping out to Billet wouldn't hurt. Being a fun street car you'll be very happy with that setup. Hit me up and we can get you hooked up with a killer deal on it all!
www.beefcakeracing.com

OP
OP
TRP45ACP

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TRP45ACP Those would all make for a killer setup for sure. Lower RPM's like that the stock OPG/CS would be fine, but swapping out to Billet wouldn't hurt. Being a fun street car you'll be very happy with that setup. Hit me up and we can get you hooked up with a killer deal on it all!
www.beefcakeracing.com
Ha. Thank you. Yes sir, you quoted all of it already. I will place the order soon.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
7400 rpm will get you around 10 psi on the 4.5 pulley. Probably a little short of your 850 goal, but if you wind it out to 8k you should be really close to that 850 if not at or over it

OP
OP
TRP45ACP

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you suggest a 4.25” in this case? Maybe a 4” is more appropriate. ?

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Good morning,

I really appreciate the information on this forum as I am new to mustangs. I have learned a great deal, thank you.

I have a 2018 pp1 m-82 gt that I picked up a few months ago. The car has 2800 miles and I have since added the items in my signature. It is currently on a Lund e85r tune. The car is not a DD as information.

Today I plan to order a PC Stage 2 with a D1X, 1050's with big BOV. In addition, I am also ordering a Fore return fuel system with 267s on the FC3 controller. I will run the pumps staged, though, they can be ran fulltime without issue. My stock clutch is fine but it will most likely wilt under the increased power. I am adding a RXT and flywheel. I am also adding Mak cat deletes.

I was planning on the P1X; however, PC suggested I run the D1X for the 850 whp I am shooting for (probably 4.5" pulley). I have e85 that tests at 90% in my area; as such, the car will be e-85 all the time. I will not be going with OPG or CS gears as info and will not be ran past 7400 rpm. The car will not be dragged or tracked, really just a fun street car. Based on your experience, am I missing anything? I plan to add a OEM TOB too to be on the safe side. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like a pretty decent set up but if I were you i'd go with a DivisionX fuel system. Take a look at them on our site and shop with the best. We can match any price you get and throw in some killer LETHAL goodies on top! Message me and we can discuss your options. https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-return-style-fuel-system-stock-manifold.html

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Would you suggest a 4.25” in this case? Maybe a 4” is more appropriate. ?
I’m on a 4.25 with my d1x setup and I’m seeing 13 psi at 7500. I definitely wouldn’t go any smaller on a stock engine

OP
OP
TRP45ACP

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice, thank you.

Djervin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would think about long tubes vs. the cat deletes. I just went through that and ended up going with Corsa long tubes. I also debated with myself about the OPG's and CS. Did they need to be done? Who knows.... But I did them. As it's been mentioned many times- cheap insurance and I got to learn a lot about my car. I take my care to 7,500 or further when it's game time and worry a lot less now.

Good luck with your build and have fun. These cars are insane with power adders!!

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
7500 comes pretty quick with 850whp. I wouldn’t pulley down to much. My d1sc was hitting ~12 psi on a 4.8 pulley at around 7500. I think you’ll be more then happy with a 4.5 pulley on a d1x.

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The impeller speed with 18&up crank pulley is much lower than that of the 2nd gen thus lower boost numbers. That being said the car will still be an absolute beat on a 4.5 pulley

OP
OP
TRP45ACP

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think about long tubes vs. the cat deletes. I just went through that and ended up going with Corsa long tubes. I also debated with myself about the OPG's and CS. Did they need to be done? Who knows.... But I did them. As it's been mentioned many times- cheap insurance and I got to learn a lot about my car. I take my care to 7,500 or further when it's game time and worry a lot less now.

Good luck with your build and have fun. These cars are insane with power adders!!
Appreciate the reply. Aside from some minimal hp gain, is there really a significant advantage in running lth vs the cat deletes?

Djervin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Others might be able to weigh in on if there are any significant benefits power/ performance wise. But I believe that there are gains and better flow. For me it came down to how much time I would have invested in doing/ having the cat delete pipes done (I cannot weld) vs. just doing long tubes. I do have resources for welding but after reading the instructions for the cat delete pipes about 6 times I drew the conclusion that headers were a better route. I'm sure they flow better, they sound incredible, absolutely perfect fit with the Corsa and they are gorgeous.

I've read really good things about the cat deletes and they power that they can support, I just figured I'm so deep into my car with mods at this point why not go for it. Reading your post reminded me about the direction I took with my car so I figured throw in my $.02.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Others might be able to weigh in on if there are any significant benefits power/ performance wise. But I believe that there are gains and better flow. For me it came down to how much time I would have invested in doing/ having the cat delete pipes done (I cannot weld) vs. just doing long tubes. I do have resources for welding but after reading the instructions for the cat delete pipes about 6 times I drew the conclusion that headers were a better route. I'm sure they flow better, they sound incredible, absolutely perfect fit with the Corsa and they are gorgeous.

I've read really good things about the cat deletes and they power that they can support, I just figured I'm so deep into my car with mods at this point why not go for it. Reading your post reminded me about the direction I took with my car so I figured throw in my $.02.
Mostly gonna be sound difference at that point. If op doesnt want to or cant weld, he can always get an s197 drivers side header and itll all be direct bolt on and easier to bolt on (home install or shop install cost) than long tubes would be.

Power difference between the two isnt very large and perhaps not worth it depending on an all out build or not. Depends on the person.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Mostly gonna be sound difference at that point. If op doesnt want to or cant weld, he can always get an s197 drivers side header and itll all be direct bolt on and easier to bolt on (home install or shop install cost) than long tubes would be.

Power difference between the two isnt very large and perhaps not worth it depending on an all out build or not. Depends on the person.
So with the S197 Driver’s side header it’s a true bolt on? Where can you buy the one header? I’m hoping for an easy on / off changeover from catted to no cats.
Sponsored