Alcantara upgrades

expeditionroasters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #4310 & 1968 Mustang Fastback Bullitt
Finally got around to installing my alcantara shift boot and brake boot from RedlineGoods. Went with the dark charcoal and green stitching to match the rest of the stitching. It's also nice to finally have the correct green stitching on the brake boot.
Brake boot was straight forward and easy to install. You definitely need to pickup a can of 3M trim adhesive for this project. Both the shift and brake boots get glued back onto the plastic mounts on the car.
The shift boot is a little more difficult as you have to grind away the tabs for the chrome trim ring as well as the reverse lockout piece. I opted to go ahead and upgrade that to Barton's 1 piece metal version. There was no way it was going to glue back together and be strong enough over time. Plus the Barton one feels so much nicer not being plastic.
I'd love to upgrade the steering wheel to this like the GT350 wheel but don't want to lose the heated option.

Obligatory pics:

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg
Sponsored

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I purchased the leather shift boot and brake boot from redline as well just haven't installed it. I ordered the Alcantara steering wheel wrap from them as well but they do not have a template for it and are asking me to fork over an additional 450$ to get a core wheel so they can do the template.

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone looked at adding Alcantara to the stock seats? either the middle section or inside the bolsters?
Sponsored