Sponsored

Aircon stopped working

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Not sure if you guys are following the US thread on this, makes interesting reading:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62682&goto=newpost

I just joined the leaking evaporator coil club. In Mar 2017 I had a leak in my refrigerant line and one year later I now have a leak in the evaporator coil. Last years repairs cost 680.00 and now I’m told to replace the evaporator coil it will be $1695.00 for parts and labor. This is insane. This is the first vehicle I have owned that has had AC issues.
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

MustangMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Convertible - Magnetic
Mine was "fixed" in October - told them all about this forum and thread. They ran the dye and refilled. Unsurprisingly, it has stopped working again. Took it in and they now "can't identify the problem" and will have to have the dash out. Ordered an evaporator "just in case".

Are there many cases of them going AFTER evaporator replacement (apart from the US guy mentioned above)? I don't want this to be an ongoing issue.

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
Welcome!

:cheers::ford::doh:
Just been read from the beginning of this thread..

Mine did exactly the same as yours. White misty stuff coming out of the passenger side followed by slightly cool with lo setting on passenger side & slightly warm on driver side.

Oh joy!

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my aircon just shat itself for the third time.

:doh:

Not sure how much longer they'll keep going through the charade of replacing 'faulty' schrader valves and regassing.

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
... they'll keep going through the charade of replacing 'faulty' schrader valves and regassing.
In light of the recent $10mil fine for the PowerShift unconscionable conduct by Ford, just for fun we should ask for our money back or a replacement car.. LOL

Here's my initial service report.

C/S: inspect on a/c inop not cold
checked A/C - cool but not cold. recovered gas system low 190g.
out in full charge 600g and added dye. checked a/c operation all
ok. checked over a/c no leaks evident. recheck operation in one
month.
Also I noticed quite a few months ago some plastic clips had fallen of the vehicle. One of the retaining clips on the battery cover & one from the front driver's side wheel arch which they have order in for me. On the service docket they are described as 'RIVET PUSH PIN' & 'RIVET PLASTIC'.

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
Hi I have finally had mine fixed . It was with the dealer 2 months and 1 day . the evaporater took 5 weeks to get to the dealer . they installed it put dash back in but did not work . there was an open circuit within the loom . so dash came out new loom put in. they said it was nothing to do with initial repair but I feel it was probably damaged removing/ replacing dash . following loom there was still prolems but HVAC flaps were jamming but fixed with lube. Throughout the process both the dealer and ford australia seemed remarkably unfussed by the 2 month time for the repair and surprised if I got a bit annoyed. glad its all over and pray it does not happen again.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Watchman, you should ask Ford Australia for some compensation for that like reimbursing your repayments if under finance. UK guys have tried this and they always receive something like an extended warranty, free services, etc.

Worth a try!

Sponsored

whtbt1.88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 fastback
Did anyone else's car stink like rotten eggs with ac and curry with the heater on after the evap was replaced?

African PH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Race Red GT
My AC compressor just packed up. Whine up front first and died minutes later. Waiting for parts. Have owned dozens of cars, never had this problem. 13,000 kms. The US forum has 72 pages of AC issues.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm booked in next week to give them a third opportunity to fix my aircon - the factory warranty clock is ticking down.

Getting the 24 month service done at the same time.

I have noticed that service advisors do not like being told what you learn on internet forums - you can almost see their eyes rolling as you do so.

Perhaps I'll just STFU this time and see what happens.

African PH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Race Red GT
Ja Drewbo, same reaction here in NZ. We have to keep ourselves informed for later action, IF necessary. Good luck.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm booked in next week to give them a third opportunity to fix my aircon - the factory warranty clock is ticking down.

Getting the 24 month service done at the same time.
Took it in today.

Has finally been diagnosed as a faulty evaporator.

Parts ordered and booked in for a late June repair (three day booking).

Service advisor admitted that they'd already done several (compressors also), so hopefully they're skilled at pulling the dash apart (and getting it back together) by now.

Unlike in @watchman 's case, they didn't need to remove the dash in order to make the diagnosis and I have the car back in the meantime.
Sponsored