Sponsored

Air/Fuel Mixture Fluctuate?

Ol' Betsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350, 1930 Model A
Beginning to notice a slightly rough idle, barely noticeable but it seems to correlate to changes in the air/fuel gage. I never paid much attention to the fluctuations but I’ve included a small video. Does this seem normal? if not can someone post a video of what a normal gauge looks like?

Gauge

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ol' Betsy

Ol' Betsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My thoughts are maybe a clogged injector or vacuum leak, unless this is what everyone else’s looks like? (Mods, if this is in the wrong section please move, thanks)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ol' Betsy

Ol' Betsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I knew it never was the same number but I did not realize it had that much of a range. I was kind of hoping that it indicated the idle issue I noticed. I did find a slightly loose connection on the catch can, maybe that was it. Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I knew it never was the same number but I did not realize it had that much of a range. I was kind of hoping that it indicated the idle issue I noticed. I did find a slightly loose connection on the catch can, maybe that was it. Thanks for the reply.
As long as the idle rpm is solid and the car itself idles smoothly, I wouldn't worry about what the AFR is as long as it's not going crazy lean or crazy rich. The computer is doing what it needs to do to keep the car idling smoothly by adding and subtracting fuel.

Now if the car idles roughly and the rpms were bouncing all over the place at idle, that would be cause for concern and I'd start looking at vacuum and/or exhaust leaks.
Sponsored