Sponsored

Air Conditioning

NolaJo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic/Saddle
So. I just heard from the dealership and they say the only thing they could find was it needed freon. They suspect it was undercharged at the factory. They did a dye test and found no leaks.

Also said the smell coming from the vents was unrelated to the A/C and was typical for turbo cars. Not sure about that but I guess I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens. I know about the rotten egg/sulfur smell when you really push a turbo but this seems different to me. It's more of a chemical/burning plastic smell and it's stronger when the car sits for a period of time. Like if I don't drive it for 2-3 days.
Sponsored

OP
OP

defdans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I will assume the leak is in the evaporator. They probably have to remove the dash to replace it. You should talk to the service manager and get the most competent mechanic to do that job. I don't want to give you an anxiety attack or anything but you certainly don't want any squeaks or rattles afterwards. They had to do this to my 2013 F-150. Got a good mechanic and all is well.
Thanks. Everything did go fine and it's been much better since.

For those of you experiencing problems, take it into your dealer while it's still under warranty. As I mentioned, seemed to be a rash of these out there.

OP
OP

defdans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So. I just heard from the dealership and they say the only thing they could find was it needed freon. They suspect it was undercharged at the factory. They did a dye test and found no leaks.

Also said the smell coming from the vents was unrelated to the A/C and was typical for turbo cars. Not sure about that but I guess I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens. I know about the rotten egg/sulfur smell when you really push a turbo but this seems different to me. It's more of a chemical/burning plastic smell and it's stronger when the car sits for a period of time. Like if I don't drive it for 2-3 days.
That doesn't sound right. Maybe try another dealer?
Sponsored