First Mustang at 52. Never too old.
Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Mustang as a "mid life crisis" car? :lol::lol::lol:
Sure, a Mustang can be looked at as a mid life crisis car.....it doesn't have to mean very expensive.

You don't "need" a 2 door coupe with no real back seat, big V8 with big HP.
You want that!
You only need a Prius to get you from point A-B but no one wants that.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
The first vehicle that I bought was a 2007 Taco with 100K on it, drove it for 3K miles, then traded for the 11. Bought my first Mustang at 19 (2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Base Light interior), traded for a new 16 GT Prem. Waiting for my insurance to go down.... Downside of being 21 I guess. Good job with close friends is how I afford my toy. My birthday is April 17th so I guess I lucked out.

You can only catch me dead in a Prius.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
So we got at least 4 trustafarians.
I have a couple of true oil trust fund friends here in Houston and they drive Lamborghini's as one of their many vehicles. One of them received 100k+ royalty checks from oil and gas companies monthly plus the family trust. So yeah, not mustangs.

Given the base Mustang GT is roughly the price of an average vehicle in the United States it doesn't take more than the average US income to afford one 50+. Factor in dual income households and many can afford the average-priced vehicle.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I have a couple of true oil trust fund friends here in Houston and they drive Lamborghini's as one of their many vehicles. One of them received 100k+ royalty checks from oil and gas companies monthly plus the family trust. So yeah, not mustangs.

Given the base Mustang GT is roughly the price of an average vehicle in the United States it doesn't take more than the average US income to afford one 50+. Factor in dual income households and many can afford the average-priced vehicle.
Why do they live in Houston? I figure they'd get digs in Austin or Dallas. Houston not really a place you live because you want to.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
They technically "live" here but aren't in town much.
That's what I figured.

I have one friend from college that qualified for his trust fund with a college degree. He never comes back to Houston except for funerals. Splits his time between Colorado and Austin. Although I believe he lives in Nashville right now. But when you get 100k a month you just live wherever you want.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
49, turn 50 this Friday.
What amazes me is how many young bucks (and buckettes!) can afford a 30+k car. When I was in my 20s I was driving a beater.
Having a good degree results in a high paying job right out of college. Between that and being single, I have disposable income that I choose to use on a car.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Planning

That's been my key to success although fast women usually like the first three things on your prohibition list. So plan accordingly.
Thats why I married my wife we drive at the same speed - fast. :lol:
and same on the vices, so we're good. ;)

Been there done that early in life so now its all about enjoying the time left on the odometer. :cheers:

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I will be 38 at the end of June.

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
I'm 31 and bought my '04 new on my 18th Birthday with a large sum of money down that I saved up from installing tile and flipping cheap cars from the age of 15.

The woman is 26 and bought her '16 new last year with a large down payment that she has saved for many years. Her first car (the mustang is her 2nd) was a salvage title Saturn Ion that her parent's bought her when she was 16.

I don't think i'll be buying another new Mustang anytime soon unless I can talk her into a GT in a few years.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
49, turn 50 this Friday.
What amazes me is how many young bucks (and buckettes!) can afford a 30+k car. When I was in my 20s I was driving a beater.
They can't. In going through the forums you will see posts on how they made a BIG down payment....$4000 and how payments are easy on a 84 month note.

Their financial skills and knowledge are soo lacking that they think an 84 month loan is sane and 'normal'. Bring up the idea of 25-30% down ($10-15k) and a 48-60 month note and they totally come unglued...

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They can't. In going through the forums you will see posts on how they made a BIG down payment....$4000 and how payments are easy on a 84 month note.

Their financial skills and knowledge are soo lacking that they think an 84 month loan is sane and 'normal'. Bring up the idea of 25-30% down ($10-15k) and a 48-60 month note and they totally come unglued...

For a 2.8% loan, there is no way I'd cash out of investments or drain my savings for a large down payment to put towards a car. Borrowed money is too cheap to not finance it.

Lets say I drained my savings and needed quick cash for an emergency. It would cost a lot more to cash out or use a credit card. Until rates go up significantly, I'll finance with no money down. I prefer my cash to go into investments that make more interest than I'm paying on a car. Call me crazy, but it's working great for me. My retirement will be a way better life style than I'm living now.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Sure is a lot of speculation from you. :headbonk::lol:
Sponsored