Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would like to see a poll to confirm 20 - 30 year olds prefer Ecoboost
and 40 to 70 year olds prefer V8
Dammit you got me again, don't get me wrong I've had hi-revving Jap cars, and boosted Euro rides all while having a Fox body in the garage. I've loved them all they're like your children you love them individually.

All that aside I absolutely love my '15 GT, but I have to admit having 435hp in a 3,800lb car is certainly different than having a 2,900lb car with 500+ wheel hp. I miss the raw unrefined feeling of the Fox body even though they are built with the cheapest materials, and all of the suspension must be replaced as a way of preventing one's untimely death.

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
26 - paid cash for mine as I lived at home until very recently. I also have a 17 Impala my company pays for that I have as a DD so I just wanted a paid off toy I can mod and keep for a few years without having to worry about payments.

Just bought my first house and the GF is expecting a ring soon so my wallet is in pain to say the least lol.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
26, my 6th mustang. I admit I have a problem:headbonk:
I'm glad to know someone else has a car buying problem: I'm 25 and have had 10 cars in the 9 years I've been able to drive. This is my 2nd mustang and hopefully I'll keep this car longer than the year max I've kept a car so far.

Mr. Motion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium w/ Perf. Pack & PP2
I turned 67 last month and still haven't outgrown my fascination from my teens with muscle cars. Have owned over a dozen of them - many different makes and sizes and have enjoyed them all. My current S550 ranks right up there with the best of them. One large difference, however, that I'm seeing on this forum and other observations in general is that too few of you younger guys are willing to do the performance modifications yourself. Besides the cost savings opportunities, you're missing out on the very real satisfaction of working on your own cars and seeing the positive results. Yes, you probably can't do it as quickly as a professional, but trust me, if you take your time, you can do it as well or better than them!

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
61 here. First Mustang, didn't realize I was a lifelong fan until I decided I needed/wanted a new car. Then I caught the bug. 6 months later I order my car.

Been a racing fan all my life and realized I should have always had a sports car. This car is my first non-sedan/van/station-wagon.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
I turned 67 last month and still haven't outgrown my fascination from my teens with muscle cars. Have owned over a dozen of them - many different makes and sizes and have enjoyed them all. My current S550 ranks right up there with the best of them. One large difference, however, that I'm seeing on this forum and other observations in general is that too few of you younger guys are willing to do the performance modifications yourself. Besides the cost savings opportunities, you're missing out on the very real satisfaction of working on your own cars and seeing the positive results. Yes, you probably can't do it as quickly as a professional, but trust me, if you take your time, you can do it as well or better than them!
Just turned 68 and I'm right there with you regard to owning muscle cars and working on them--this is the fifth Mustang convertible I've owned over the years and this S550 is, by far, the best Mustang they've built.

Working on cars is a labor of love, to be sure, and it requires patience, as patience is a virtue that I think that the younger generations are missing--just sayin'.

RJ

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
67 have an ecoboost. Not sure what I prefer

Bigfoot53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
C7 Stingray Z51/past rides: Jaguar XKR/AMG C-63 Edition 507
64, gotta be a V-8, prefer N/A but supercharged is a decent second...

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
22, first mustang and I went all the way with a V8 and supercharger.

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
27: prefer V8
26 and I never considered it an option. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with a turbo four, but if I went that route it would have been a BMW 330i or an Audi S3.

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
I'm glad to know someone else has a car buying problem: I'm 25 and have had 10 cars in the 9 years I've been able to drive. This is my 2nd mustang and hopefully I'll keep this car longer than the year max I've kept a car so far.
I hear ya. I'm 26 and just purchased my 18th vehicle lol.:cheers:
Sponsored