Sponsored

Aftermarket HeadUnit Fitting

zen25

Threads
Reaction score
The base radio looks like a double din setup.
How about if we get a Aftermarket receiver with navigation, like those Alpine 9" screens or Kenwood w/Garmin Nav units in the base model.

Some HU do have capability for rear camera integration, Bluetooth, app support like Pandora, HD Radio, etc.

Front Components, Rear Coaxial, Amp and small compact sub would all be possible under 1.5K and would sound sweet.

Are you looking to get custom audio setup.
If you are, are you planning to get premium package.

Would love to hear your plans.
Sponsored

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
The base radio looks like a double din setup.
How about if we get a Aftermarket receiver with navigation, like those Alpine 9" screens or Kenwood w/Garmin Nav units in the base model.

Some HU do have capability for rear camera integration, Bluetooth, app support like Pandora, HD Radio, etc.

Front Components, Rear Coaxial, Amp and small compact sub would all be possible under 1.5K and would sound sweet.

Are you looking to get custom audio setup.
If you are, are you planning to get premium package.

Would love to hear your plans.
I ordered the 400A. I am taking my current Alpine System and keeping some pieces. I'm keeping the 4 channel PDX F4 and Mono 1200w alpine amps. I am also keeping the Alpine 10" sub and box until I'm ready to spend for a new sub.

I will be going with all new speakers all around. I currently have Alpine X 6.5 components in my 2006 mustang but will not be taking those over due to their age.

I'm using the My Ford Touch in the S550 and will be using a factory integration unit. Possibly the Alpine PXA H800.

I plan on spending $3-3.5K on the speakers, processor and installation with the possibility of adding another amp as well.

My current System is capable of around 96db of insanely accurate music.

I plan on meeting or surpassing that, i.e. I wont be happy until my ears bleed :headbang:

I typically like alpine but am thinking of JL audio for this next set up. I will be looking around at some other options too like Focal.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
How capable is the MFT head unit?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I guess gone are the days of low output head unit's with all this fancy stuff in them I guess.

Sponsored

OP
OP

zen25

Threads
Reaction score
I ordered the 400A. I am taking my current Alpine System and keeping some pieces. I'm keeping the 4 channel PDX F4 and Mono 1200w alpine amps. I am also keeping the Alpine 10" sub and box until I'm ready to spend for a new sub.

I will be going with all new speakers all around. I currently have Alpine X 6.5 components in my 2006 mustang but will not be taking those over due to their age.

I'm using the My Ford Touch in the S550 and will be using a factory integration unit. Possibly the Alpine PXA H800.

I plan on spending $3-3.5K on the speakers, processor and installation with the possibility of adding another amp as well.

I plan on meeting or surpassing that, i.e. I wont be happy until my ears bleed :headbang:

I typically like alpine but am thinking of JL audio for this next set up. I will be looking around at some other options too like Focal.
Thanks for sharing your plan.

Since you are getting premium GT, it does come with 9 speaker setup including center channel.

Do you plan to use that channel or just go with traditional, front components + rear coax + sub setup.

Image Dynamics, Morel, Gladen, etc are some other speakers that people suggested looking at.

I looked at Alpine H800, someone also posted JBL MS8.

OP
OP

zen25

Threads
Reaction score
For me, I am still thinking should I get premium trim or just do upgrades on base trim. The base upcharge is mostly for speakers and leather seats. Dual zone climate, chrome surrounds, toggles might not have a lot of use other than looks.

If I am ripping out the entire system there might not be a need for premium trim, I am thinking the extra money can be better spent in aftermarket components.

Mross1973

GAURD GT USER
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Who's doing your install or can you recommend someone locally:help:

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
For me, I am still thinking should I get premium trim or just do upgrades on base trim. The base upcharge is mostly for speakers and leather seats. Dual zone climate, chrome surrounds, toggles might not have a lot of use other than looks.

If I am ripping out the entire system there might not be a need for premium trim, I am thinking the extra money can be better spent in aftermarket components.
This was exactly my line of thinking... I will be getting an alpine system with Garmin... Thos ethings are beautiful...

I didn't care for leather or cooling seats... I do like heated seats, but that wasn't worth 4k to me...

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I guess gone are the days of low output head unit's with all this fancy stuff in them I guess.

Gone are the days of anything worth a damn aftermarket hardly anymore. I've completely given up. They just don't build equipment with the quality and capabilities of the old stuff from the 90's and early 2000's.

I've got a few pieces left and working on collecting a few more to build a good one. Only problem is nice amps. Hard to find ones that still look good. Actually considering building my own right now.

Josh_101

Threads
Reaction score
Gone are the days of anything worth a damn aftermarket hardly anymore. I've completely given up. They just don't build equipment with the quality and capabilities of the old stuff from the 90's and early 2000's.

I've got a few pieces left and working on collecting a few more to build a good one. Only problem is nice amps. Hard to find ones that still look good. Actually considering building my own right now.
There's lots of good brands around today. What was popular high quality stuff back in those days are now mostly cheap junk today. I plan on doing a JL audio system in my car next year along with a JBL MS-8 sound processor, pretty expensive but JL audio makes great products, and the JBL MS-8 is among the best DSP's on the market. The one component I'm definitely getting is the Stealthbox they make. http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-ford-mustang

I think when it comes to new cars these days, it's better for some people to go with a good DSP rather than buy an aftermarket h/u and a crazy expensive dash install kit to get the desired sound quality. It's the route I'm going with since the stock stereo already does all I want it to do (wireless bluetooth), just needs massive help with sound quality and volume.
Sponsored